South Creake FC so close to cup upset
Terrington 0, South Creake 0 (aet, Terrington won 4-2 on penalties)
South Creake came within a whisker of causing an upset in the second round of the Graver Cup.
With six reserve team players in Creake’s starting XI it was a chance for a glimpse into the future and every one of them played their way into first team reckoning with some excellent performances.
Terrington started better and were lively going forward but Creake settled and it was the visitors who had the better of the chances.
Keeper Buttriss saved brilliantly from Studd, Peters and Schoenmakers to keep it goalless at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Creake had a chance to win it when Laskey hit the bar and in the dying seconds Buttris again produced a fine save from Laskey’s goalbound effort.
In extra time both teams were exhausted and it went to penalties, with Edge and Walker missing for Creake. G R Hunt MoM: Oggy Dorward
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn