South Creake FC so close to cup upset
Terrington 0, South Creake 0 (aet, Terrington won 4-2 on penalties)
South Creake came within a whisker of causing an upset in the second round of the Graver Cup.
With six reserve team players in Creake’s starting XI it was a chance for a glimpse into the future and every one of them played their way into first team reckoning with some excellent performances.
Terrington started better and were lively going forward but Creake settled and it was the visitors who had the better of the chances.
Keeper Buttriss saved brilliantly from Studd, Peters and Schoenmakers to keep it goalless at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Creake had a chance to win it when Laskey hit the bar and in the dying seconds Buttris again produced a fine save from Laskey’s goalbound effort.
In extra time both teams were exhausted and it went to penalties, with Edge and Walker missing for Creake. G R Hunt MoM: Oggy Dorward
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries