South Creake FC so close to cup upset
Terrington 0, South Creake 0 (aet, Terrington won 4-2 on penalties)
South Creake came within a whisker of causing an upset in the second round of the Graver Cup.
With six reserve team players in Creake’s starting XI it was a chance for a glimpse into the future and every one of them played their way into first team reckoning with some excellent performances.
Terrington started better and were lively going forward but Creake settled and it was the visitors who had the better of the chances.
Keeper Buttriss saved brilliantly from Studd, Peters and Schoenmakers to keep it goalless at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Creake had a chance to win it when Laskey hit the bar and in the dying seconds Buttris again produced a fine save from Laskey’s goalbound effort.
In extra time both teams were exhausted and it went to penalties, with Edge and Walker missing for Creake. G R Hunt MoM: Oggy Dorward
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign