South Creake FC so close to cup upset
Terrington 0, South Creake 0 (aet, Terrington won 4-2 on penalties)
South Creake came within a whisker of causing an upset in the second round of the Graver Cup.
With six reserve team players in Creake’s starting XI it was a chance for a glimpse into the future and every one of them played their way into first team reckoning with some excellent performances.
Terrington started better and were lively going forward but Creake settled and it was the visitors who had the better of the chances.
Keeper Buttriss saved brilliantly from Studd, Peters and Schoenmakers to keep it goalless at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Creake had a chance to win it when Laskey hit the bar and in the dying seconds Buttris again produced a fine save from Laskey’s goalbound effort.
In extra time both teams were exhausted and it went to penalties, with Edge and Walker missing for Creake. G R Hunt MoM: Oggy Dorward
- 1 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 2 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 6 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups