Sponsorship sets young cyclist on the road to success
- Credit: Archant
A budding cyclist has got his sights set on success, after securing sponsorship supporting him to compete in the Fakenham Easter Criterium race.
Connor Rumbles, 18, already competes in competitions all over the county and races for Strada Sport as a category 2 rider.
He has been a member of the East Coast Riders club since moving to Fakenham at the age of 12 and last season was chosen to race for the British Cycling eastern region team in the junior national series, also competing as the youngest rider in the national championships during the winter cyclocross season.
After hearing about Connor’s cycling talent, community group Active Fakenham decided to sponsor him to take part in the Easter race, which is being held as part of a fun day on April 21 which will also include 1km and 5km fun runs.
Richard Crook, of Active Fakenham, said: “It is great to see the success Connor is having on the circuit and we are pleased to support young talent.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the fun day, visit the Active Fakenham Facebook page or www.activefakenham.org.uk
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 10 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges