Sponsorship sets young cyclist on the road to success
- Credit: Archant
A budding cyclist has got his sights set on success, after securing sponsorship supporting him to compete in the Fakenham Easter Criterium race.
Connor Rumbles, 18, already competes in competitions all over the county and races for Strada Sport as a category 2 rider.
He has been a member of the East Coast Riders club since moving to Fakenham at the age of 12 and last season was chosen to race for the British Cycling eastern region team in the junior national series, also competing as the youngest rider in the national championships during the winter cyclocross season.
After hearing about Connor’s cycling talent, community group Active Fakenham decided to sponsor him to take part in the Easter race, which is being held as part of a fun day on April 21 which will also include 1km and 5km fun runs.
Richard Crook, of Active Fakenham, said: “It is great to see the success Connor is having on the circuit and we are pleased to support young talent.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the fun day, visit the Active Fakenham Facebook page or www.activefakenham.org.uk
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money