Sponsorship sets young cyclist on the road to success
- Credit: Archant
A budding cyclist has got his sights set on success, after securing sponsorship supporting him to compete in the Fakenham Easter Criterium race.
Connor Rumbles, 18, already competes in competitions all over the county and races for Strada Sport as a category 2 rider.
He has been a member of the East Coast Riders club since moving to Fakenham at the age of 12 and last season was chosen to race for the British Cycling eastern region team in the junior national series, also competing as the youngest rider in the national championships during the winter cyclocross season.
After hearing about Connor’s cycling talent, community group Active Fakenham decided to sponsor him to take part in the Easter race, which is being held as part of a fun day on April 21 which will also include 1km and 5km fun runs.
Richard Crook, of Active Fakenham, said: “It is great to see the success Connor is having on the circuit and we are pleased to support young talent.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the fun day, visit the Active Fakenham Facebook page or www.activefakenham.org.uk
- 1 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 2 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 6 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups