Tasty offer from squash club
Fakenham Squash Club, who play at the Fakenham Sports Centre, last year achieved a coveted Silver Club Mark accreditation award and is continuing with its objective of opening up the sport to a wide range of participants They have issued a general invitation to go along and try a taster session.
Fakenham Squash Club, who play at the Fakenham Sports Centre, last year achieved a coveted Silver Club Mark accreditation award and is continuing with its objective of opening up the sport to a wide range of participants
They have issued a general invitation to go along and try a taster session.
Following its success particular with juniors the objective is to aim these at adult beginners, novices and improvers.
Coach Bruce Bushell looks forward to seeing prospective players on Sunday, February 28. There will be two sessions on the day from 10am-noon and from 1-3pm. The inclusive cost for the two-hour session is �3 which includes all equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited to 10 for each session and will be on a first come first served basis.
To book a place or for details of other facilities call Bruce on 01328 820238 or Barry Futter on 01328 862867.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
After a successful first half of the season the club's men's team visited Norwich side Bannatynes. Fakenham won 3-2.
Again Fakenham were helped by their two young players as both Adam Sinkins and Connor Doy won their matches, Adam by 3-0 and Connor 3-1. The other three matches saw Ian Raisbury lose 3-1 in a hard match, Liam Brett go down 3-1 but Bruce Bushell won 3-1 which clinched the bonus points for a 16-8 points win.
Fakenham's juniors were also in action in the first grand prix of the new year and they had Adam Sinkins just missing out on winning group one. There were also good performances from Sam Lanham, Duncan Butler, Drew Butchart and Andrew Black as each of them fought hard in their groups.