Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town issue ‘help us’ plea
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Fakenham Town’s committee are renewing their desperate appeal for new members to come on board.
With numbers of behind-the-scenes helpers steadily decreasing, those still dedicating their time to help out at Clipbush Park are finding their workloads increasing.
“The key to a great grassroots club is a great band of helpers – those that give their time up for the love of the club,” said Tony Miles, the Ghosts’ webmaster and stand-in press officer.
“Anyone with even a small amount of free time to help would be most welcome, there are so many jobs that need to be covered. For those that are wanting to join the committee with new ideas or expertise we can make use of, please get in touch.”
On the pitch, the Ghosts suffered a 3-1 Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division defeat at Long Melford on Saturday, with Matt Gilchrist scoring their only goal.
You may also want to watch:
While Fakenham’s committee looks to expand, Robbie Harris welcomes an assistant manager to his dugout in Paul Neary – a UEFA B coach, with experience at both Manchester United and Cambridge United.
Returning to the club is the familiar face of physio Sammii Coverdale while striker Ashley Jarvis has left to join Wroxham.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Neil Jarvis (no relation) will remain as the Ghosts’ under-18s boss despite recently becoming Wroxham’s assistant.
Mildenhall Town visit on Saturday before Harris’ side travel to Downham on Tuesday in the League Cup. The reserves, who beat their Swaffham counterparts 5-2 at the weekend, travel to Watton (2pm). The ladies drew 1-1 at Long Stratton on Sunday.
n Call Miles on 07899 057877 if you can help the Ghosts.