Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town issue ‘help us’ plea
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Fakenham Town’s committee are renewing their desperate appeal for new members to come on board.
With numbers of behind-the-scenes helpers steadily decreasing, those still dedicating their time to help out at Clipbush Park are finding their workloads increasing.
“The key to a great grassroots club is a great band of helpers – those that give their time up for the love of the club,” said Tony Miles, the Ghosts’ webmaster and stand-in press officer.
“Anyone with even a small amount of free time to help would be most welcome, there are so many jobs that need to be covered. For those that are wanting to join the committee with new ideas or expertise we can make use of, please get in touch.”
On the pitch, the Ghosts suffered a 3-1 Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division defeat at Long Melford on Saturday, with Matt Gilchrist scoring their only goal.
You may also want to watch:
While Fakenham’s committee looks to expand, Robbie Harris welcomes an assistant manager to his dugout in Paul Neary – a UEFA B coach, with experience at both Manchester United and Cambridge United.
Returning to the club is the familiar face of physio Sammii Coverdale while striker Ashley Jarvis has left to join Wroxham.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
Neil Jarvis (no relation) will remain as the Ghosts’ under-18s boss despite recently becoming Wroxham’s assistant.
Mildenhall Town visit on Saturday before Harris’ side travel to Downham on Tuesday in the League Cup. The reserves, who beat their Swaffham counterparts 5-2 at the weekend, travel to Watton (2pm). The ladies drew 1-1 at Long Stratton on Sunday.
n Call Miles on 07899 057877 if you can help the Ghosts.