Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town issue ‘help us’ plea
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Fakenham Town’s committee are renewing their desperate appeal for new members to come on board.
With numbers of behind-the-scenes helpers steadily decreasing, those still dedicating their time to help out at Clipbush Park are finding their workloads increasing.
“The key to a great grassroots club is a great band of helpers – those that give their time up for the love of the club,” said Tony Miles, the Ghosts’ webmaster and stand-in press officer.
“Anyone with even a small amount of free time to help would be most welcome, there are so many jobs that need to be covered. For those that are wanting to join the committee with new ideas or expertise we can make use of, please get in touch.”
On the pitch, the Ghosts suffered a 3-1 Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division defeat at Long Melford on Saturday, with Matt Gilchrist scoring their only goal.
You may also want to watch:
While Fakenham’s committee looks to expand, Robbie Harris welcomes an assistant manager to his dugout in Paul Neary – a UEFA B coach, with experience at both Manchester United and Cambridge United.
Returning to the club is the familiar face of physio Sammii Coverdale while striker Ashley Jarvis has left to join Wroxham.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
Neil Jarvis (no relation) will remain as the Ghosts’ under-18s boss despite recently becoming Wroxham’s assistant.
Mildenhall Town visit on Saturday before Harris’ side travel to Downham on Tuesday in the League Cup. The reserves, who beat their Swaffham counterparts 5-2 at the weekend, travel to Watton (2pm). The ladies drew 1-1 at Long Stratton on Sunday.
n Call Miles on 07899 057877 if you can help the Ghosts.