Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town issue ‘help us’ plea
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Fakenham Town’s committee are renewing their desperate appeal for new members to come on board.
With numbers of behind-the-scenes helpers steadily decreasing, those still dedicating their time to help out at Clipbush Park are finding their workloads increasing.
“The key to a great grassroots club is a great band of helpers – those that give their time up for the love of the club,” said Tony Miles, the Ghosts’ webmaster and stand-in press officer.
“Anyone with even a small amount of free time to help would be most welcome, there are so many jobs that need to be covered. For those that are wanting to join the committee with new ideas or expertise we can make use of, please get in touch.”
On the pitch, the Ghosts suffered a 3-1 Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division defeat at Long Melford on Saturday, with Matt Gilchrist scoring their only goal.
You may also want to watch:
While Fakenham’s committee looks to expand, Robbie Harris welcomes an assistant manager to his dugout in Paul Neary – a UEFA B coach, with experience at both Manchester United and Cambridge United.
Returning to the club is the familiar face of physio Sammii Coverdale while striker Ashley Jarvis has left to join Wroxham.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Neil Jarvis (no relation) will remain as the Ghosts’ under-18s boss despite recently becoming Wroxham’s assistant.
Mildenhall Town visit on Saturday before Harris’ side travel to Downham on Tuesday in the League Cup. The reserves, who beat their Swaffham counterparts 5-2 at the weekend, travel to Watton (2pm). The ladies drew 1-1 at Long Stratton on Sunday.
n Call Miles on 07899 057877 if you can help the Ghosts.