Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town set their sights on glory in the FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town have a break from Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division action this weekend, as their focus turns to the second qualifying round of the FA Vase and the visit of Great Yarmouth Town (3pm kick-off).
The sides have already met this season in the league, when an injury-time goal from the Bloaters robbed the Ghosts of a point in a 2-1 defeat at Clipbush Park, Ashley Jarvis the Fakenham scorer on the night. Should Saturday’s tie be level after 90 minutes, it will be extra time and penalties rather than a replay.
The Ghosts suffered a 2-0 defeat on Saturday at Ipswich Wanderers, with much of the game played with 10 men after Jimmy Williams was sent off after half an hour having given away a penalty, which was duly converted. The hosts then added a second goal in stoppage time.
Fakenham were back in action last night at Dereham Town Reserves in the League Challenge Cup, after the paper had gone to print.
There was a penalty shootout defeat for the Reserves at Narborough, with Ricky Claxton scoring in the first half, only for the hosts to equalise in the second half, and then take the tie 3-2 on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
It should have been the first home game of the season for the second string, but with the Vase fixture taking precedence, a rearranged fixture of Hemsby away awaits on Saturday afternoon (2.30pm).
Fakenham’s Ladies were on the receiving end of a 6-0 defeat at Clipbush Park to newly-promoted North Walsham Ladies, the same scoreline they’d won by against Kirkley & Pakefield Ladies the previous week. This Sunday sees a fixture at Aylsham Ladies as they look to get their campaign back on track (2pm).
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments