Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town stop the rot and recruit top trio
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town got back to winning ways at Brantham Athletic and ended a run of five straight defeats.
The signs early on were not good when Matthew Travis powered the ball home to give Brantham the lead in the third minute, beating Joe Colman, making his debut, in the Fakenham goal.
But The Ghosts rallied with George Abbott’s brace, one via a huge deflection, stopping the rot.
The recovery continued at Gorleston on Tuesday evening with a 1-1 draw.
Prior to kick-off the Ghosts announced the signings of Joel Glover (Lowestoft Town), Danny Smith (Cambridge United Academy) and Reece Taylor (Norwich City Academy).
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Anderson had vowed to shake up his squad and it was one of his new boys, Glover, who netted the equaliser on the night.
Up next is a home clash against FC Clacton on Saturday before Wednesday’s trip to Kirkley & Pakefield.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
The Ghosts’ reserve side were beaten 3-1 at Gayton United, despite leading, and this Saturday travel to face Horsford United (2.30pm).
The ladies’ home clash with Cambridge United was called off on Sunday with the visitors unable to field a team. Their preparation was due to continue last night with a home friendly against Norwich City.