Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town stop the rot and recruit top trio
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Fakenham Town got back to winning ways at Brantham Athletic and ended a run of five straight defeats.
The signs early on were not good when Matthew Travis powered the ball home to give Brantham the lead in the third minute, beating Joe Colman, making his debut, in the Fakenham goal.
But The Ghosts rallied with George Abbott’s brace, one via a huge deflection, stopping the rot.
The recovery continued at Gorleston on Tuesday evening with a 1-1 draw.
Prior to kick-off the Ghosts announced the signings of Joel Glover (Lowestoft Town), Danny Smith (Cambridge United Academy) and Reece Taylor (Norwich City Academy).
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Anderson had vowed to shake up his squad and it was one of his new boys, Glover, who netted the equaliser on the night.
Up next is a home clash against FC Clacton on Saturday before Wednesday’s trip to Kirkley & Pakefield.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
The Ghosts’ reserve side were beaten 3-1 at Gayton United, despite leading, and this Saturday travel to face Horsford United (2.30pm).
The ladies’ home clash with Cambridge United was called off on Sunday with the visitors unable to field a team. Their preparation was due to continue last night with a home friendly against Norwich City.