Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Fakenham Town aim to extend their upturn in form
- Credit: Archant
Carrying on their recent momentum will be Fakenham Town’s task when they host Walsham-le-Willows on Saturday, writes Gareth Davis.
The Ghosts’ only defeat in their last five matches was on penalties to Kirkley & Pakefield in the League Cup while since mid-October they have made progress in the FA Vase and cemented their place in the top half of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
They are ninth going into the clash with fourth-bottom Walsham and manager Wayne Anderson is looking for more of the same – particularly after Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Newmarket Town.
Anderson said: “The lads are playing with fire in their bellies at the moment and after going to Irchester in the Vase we went to Newmarket trying to put on a really good performance against a top side in our league – and we did that.
“We need to go on from that point at Newmarket and carry on the fighting spirit we showed into Walsham and try to get the three points on the board again.
You may also want to watch:
“Walsham are picking up points and losing some games, a bit of a mixed bag, and we are on a good run so if we go in with confidence again we know the level of performance we are capable of.”
Fakenham’s point at Newmarket – who started the day second in the table – was more than merited, even though it took them until the first minute of stoppage time to equalise through Lee Day’s close-range header.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
Centre-back Day is unavailable for the Walsham game, as are fellow defender Alex Walpole and midfielder Dion Frary – the latter is again with the Norfolk County FA Under-18 side again while striker Kyle Plumb is also absent.
The Ghosts have no midweek game after Walsham but then travel to United Counties Premier Division side Yaxley in the FA Vase second round on November 22.
A supporters’ bus is running to Yaxley – pricing and time information had not been confirmed at the time of going to press but bookings can be made by calling Geoff Saunders on 07780 666220.
Fakenham’s Reserves go to Norwich CEYMS Reserves on Saturday (2pm) in Division Three of the Anglian Combination. On Saturday they were beaten 2-0 at home by Bungay in the quarter-final of the Cyril Ballyn Cup.