Top-drawer win for Seasiders
Wells Town 2, Norwich St Johns 1THE Seasiders returned to action with a win over the Anglian Combination Division One leadersSaints settled first and good goalkeeping by Armiger kept the dangerous partnership of Carr and Tuttle at bay with a couple of top-class saves.
Wells Town 2, Norwich St Johns 1
THE Seasiders returned to action with a win over the Anglian Combination Division One leaders
Saints settled first and good goalkeeping by Armiger kept the dangerous partnership of Carr and Tuttle at bay with a couple of top-class saves.
Wells started to create chances with Grocott and Harrison working hard up front. After 10 minutes Wells broke the deadlock when Harrison collected a perfect ball and slotted past a stranded Owen.
You may also want to watch:
Saints soaked up constant pressure as Wells pinned them in their own half with any break being cleaned up by the home defence.
Just before the interval Harrison added his second when he collected the ball on the halfway line, skipped past three defenders and calmly placed his shot out of the reach of Owen.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
Wells started the second half in full control and should have added further goals with chances going begging. Saints found a lifeline on 65 minutes when a Carr shot from distance took a deflection and flew over Armiger. The last 15 minutes Wells defended well.
Saturday sees Wells at Caister (2.30pm).