Top team Wells line up another derby
Wells Town, clear leaders of Anglian Combination Division One, host a Saturday derby with a Hindringham outfit battling to climb clear of the bottom of the section (ko 2pm).
Holt United 0, Wells Town 1.
THE Seasiders travelled on Saturday to face the Owls at the Sports Centre.
With Molyneux (shoulder) and East (foot) missing through injury, this was another tough test of character in this derby clash
Holt settled first and started to create some probing attacks, with Wells’ defence of Cooper, Frary, Page and Franks clearing any danger. Wells slowly started to come into the match and created chances of their own.
You may also want to watch:
A 30th minute headed flick-on from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who turned his marker and found himself clean through on goal, scoring with a low drive into the net, giving Lucking little chance.
The second period was much the same with any clear chances being snuffed out by the defences.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
Wells were let off the hook, after Holt were reduced to 10 men, when a Holt attack ended with a shot against an upright, the ball being cleared to safety.