Top team Wells line up another derby
Wells Town, clear leaders of Anglian Combination Division One, host a Saturday derby with a Hindringham outfit battling to climb clear of the bottom of the section (ko 2pm).
Holt United 0, Wells Town 1.
THE Seasiders travelled on Saturday to face the Owls at the Sports Centre.
With Molyneux (shoulder) and East (foot) missing through injury, this was another tough test of character in this derby clash
Holt settled first and started to create some probing attacks, with Wells’ defence of Cooper, Frary, Page and Franks clearing any danger. Wells slowly started to come into the match and created chances of their own.
You may also want to watch:
A 30th minute headed flick-on from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who turned his marker and found himself clean through on goal, scoring with a low drive into the net, giving Lucking little chance.
The second period was much the same with any clear chances being snuffed out by the defences.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Wells were let off the hook, after Holt were reduced to 10 men, when a Holt attack ended with a shot against an upright, the ball being cleared to safety.