Top team Wells line up another derby
Wells Town, clear leaders of Anglian Combination Division One, host a Saturday derby with a Hindringham outfit battling to climb clear of the bottom of the section (ko 2pm).
Holt United 0, Wells Town 1.
THE Seasiders travelled on Saturday to face the Owls at the Sports Centre.
With Molyneux (shoulder) and East (foot) missing through injury, this was another tough test of character in this derby clash
Holt settled first and started to create some probing attacks, with Wells’ defence of Cooper, Frary, Page and Franks clearing any danger. Wells slowly started to come into the match and created chances of their own.
You may also want to watch:
A 30th minute headed flick-on from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who turned his marker and found himself clean through on goal, scoring with a low drive into the net, giving Lucking little chance.
The second period was much the same with any clear chances being snuffed out by the defences.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
Wells were let off the hook, after Holt were reduced to 10 men, when a Holt attack ended with a shot against an upright, the ball being cleared to safety.