Top team Wells line up another derby
Wells Town, clear leaders of Anglian Combination Division One, host a Saturday derby with a Hindringham outfit battling to climb clear of the bottom of the section (ko 2pm).
Holt United 0, Wells Town 1.
THE Seasiders travelled on Saturday to face the Owls at the Sports Centre.
With Molyneux (shoulder) and East (foot) missing through injury, this was another tough test of character in this derby clash
Holt settled first and started to create some probing attacks, with Wells’ defence of Cooper, Frary, Page and Franks clearing any danger. Wells slowly started to come into the match and created chances of their own.
You may also want to watch:
A 30th minute headed flick-on from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who turned his marker and found himself clean through on goal, scoring with a low drive into the net, giving Lucking little chance.
The second period was much the same with any clear chances being snuffed out by the defences.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Wells were let off the hook, after Holt were reduced to 10 men, when a Holt attack ended with a shot against an upright, the ball being cleared to safety.