Trophy time for Seasiders
Wells Town 4, Wymondham 0
THE Seasiders’ final home match of the season ended on a high with the visitors, who had beaten the Seasiders 4-1 earlier in the season, having no answer as goals flowed at regular intervals.
On 11 minutes, from a Harrison flag-kick Sutherland-Gray headed home.
The visitors hit an upright and Sutherland-Gray was denied by off-side. Molyneux saved well as Wymondham tried to level.
The Seasiders added a second straight from the restart when Harrison floated his cross straight into the top corner, Grocott added a third when he chased down a loose ball. Sutherland-Gray scored his second and Wells’ fourth when he pounced on a loose ball and slipped it under the advancing keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Chris McCullough from the Anglian Combination presented Wells Town with the Division One Cup and winners medals.
Wymondham received their runners-up medals.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 3 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
Wells finish the season on Saturday with a trip to Sprowston Athletic, kick-off at 2.30pm.