Trophy time for Seasiders
Wells Town 4, Wymondham 0
THE Seasiders’ final home match of the season ended on a high with the visitors, who had beaten the Seasiders 4-1 earlier in the season, having no answer as goals flowed at regular intervals.
On 11 minutes, from a Harrison flag-kick Sutherland-Gray headed home.
The visitors hit an upright and Sutherland-Gray was denied by off-side. Molyneux saved well as Wymondham tried to level.
The Seasiders added a second straight from the restart when Harrison floated his cross straight into the top corner, Grocott added a third when he chased down a loose ball. Sutherland-Gray scored his second and Wells’ fourth when he pounced on a loose ball and slipped it under the advancing keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Chris McCullough from the Anglian Combination presented Wells Town with the Division One Cup and winners medals.
Wymondham received their runners-up medals.
- 1 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 2 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 7 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 8 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
Wells finish the season on Saturday with a trip to Sprowston Athletic, kick-off at 2.30pm.