Trophy time for Seasiders
Wells Town 4, Wymondham 0
THE Seasiders’ final home match of the season ended on a high with the visitors, who had beaten the Seasiders 4-1 earlier in the season, having no answer as goals flowed at regular intervals.
On 11 minutes, from a Harrison flag-kick Sutherland-Gray headed home.
The visitors hit an upright and Sutherland-Gray was denied by off-side. Molyneux saved well as Wymondham tried to level.
The Seasiders added a second straight from the restart when Harrison floated his cross straight into the top corner, Grocott added a third when he chased down a loose ball. Sutherland-Gray scored his second and Wells’ fourth when he pounced on a loose ball and slipped it under the advancing keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Chris McCullough from the Anglian Combination presented Wells Town with the Division One Cup and winners medals.
Wymondham received their runners-up medals.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
Wells finish the season on Saturday with a trip to Sprowston Athletic, kick-off at 2.30pm.