Two wins for Fakenham Reserves
Sheringham Reserves 2, Fakenham Town Reserves 4FAKENHAM Reserves opened the new campaign with a bruising encounter at a very physical Sheringham Reserves.
Sheringham Reserves 2, Fakenham Town Reserves 4
FAKENHAM Reserves opened the new campaign with a bruising encounter at a very physical Sheringham Reserves.
Sheringham for the opening 10 minutes played the ball around in the middle of the park but did not create any real problems as the Fakenham midfield and defence worked hard.
Fakenham twice went close when Cole broke through, on both occasions denied by brave goalkeeping.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham got the breakthrough when Delicatta turned on the edge of the Sheringham area to curl a shot around the goalkeeper.
Fakenham were making great use of the ball into the channel, and it was soon 2-0 when Cole accepted a through-ball and finished with a sublime chip over the keeper from close range.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 7 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Fakenham were well on top and when Delicatta broke through again he took his time before bamboozling the keeper and coolly slotting the ball home for 3-0.
With almost the last kick of the first half Sheringham gave themselves a glimmer of hope when a free-kick from the left was flicked into the net.
The second half again saw a physical Sheringham side being denied any real time and space by the hard-working Fakenham midfield and defence, with the constant threat of Cole and the superb Delicatta up front.
The game was virtually over after 15 minutes of the second half when another ball played into the channel left Delicatta with a run on goal, and he slotted the ball past the keeper for his hat-trick and Fakenham's fourth.
The rest of the match was played at a fast pace with both sides battling hard, and on several occasions Fakenham went close to stretching their lead. A challenge finally brought Delicatta's evening to an end and earned the Sheringham defender a booking.
Sheringham kept their faint hopes alive with a close-range goal 10 minutes from time.
A buoyant group of Fakenham supporters went away happy and with an early glimpse of what promises to be an exciting season ahead. This was a superb start to the season with a mix of youth and experience proving too much for a very good Sheringham side.
On Wednesday night, Fakenham Reserves won 3-1 away to Watton Reserves.