Vital point for reserve side
Wortwell 1, Fakenham Town Reserves 1After a stop-start season, Fakenham Reserves gained an important and valuable Anglian Combination Division Two point on Saturday.
Wortwell 1, Fakenham Town Reserves 1
After a stop-start season, Fakenham Reserves gained an important and valuable Anglian Combination Division Two point on Saturday.
The management team and players know that they have been inconsistent, and during last week's training session, player-manager Asa Saunders had a team meeting to bring the squad together.
Fakenham lined up with a 4-5-1 formation against Wortwell with Ricky Frary being the lone forward and Darren French playing just behind him.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham had the best opening 30 minutes with great passing combinations and the team playing with a passion. Chris Cracknell started positively in goal and the defence of S Saunders, Raisbury, Franks and Stockdale asserted their strengths and stopped Wortwell playing.
Critten and Blazer created the width and caused Wortwell problems on the wings. Broughton had a great opportunity to open the scoring but his first touch let the ball go wide of the goal. Some great through balls from Smith and French also gave Frary and Blaza opportunities.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
Midway through the first half Fakenham's midfield played some neat passing and a through ball found Darren French, who took the ball through the Wortwell defence and slotted the ball passed the Wortwell keeper for his third goal in four games.
But just before half-time Wortwell launched the ball forward, which caught out the defence, and the team failed to clear the ball, French giving away a penalty from which Wortwell equalised.
During the second half Wortwell created more chances and the management team of Saunders and Huggins had to make some changes. A Saunders came on for Frary and Ryan Symonds came on for Franks.
Saunders caused problems up front and linked up well with French for a chance that just went wide. Broughton also had a chance to win the game but the Wortwell keeper made a great save.
Team: Cracknell, Franks, Raisbury, S Saunders, Stockdale, Broughton, Smith, Blaza, Critten, French, Frary. Subs: Symonds, Shearing, A Saunders.
Fakenham Reserves are at home against Poringland Wanderers on Tuesday, November 4 at Clipbush ko 7.30pm.