Vital points for Seasiders
Sole Bay United 0, Wells Town 1With the previous two matches drawn, a win was vital to keep Wells in touch with the pack at the foot of Anglian Combination Division One.
Sole Bay United 0, Wells Town 1
With the previous two matches drawn, a win was vital to keep Wells in touch with the pack at the foot of Anglian Combination Division One. Molyneux replaced Armiger in goal.
The match started very slowly, although in the first minute a good cross from Harrison eluded the home keeper, but with no-one there to tap home.
Both sides struggled to create clear-cut chances on a bumpy surface and the Wells back three of Frary, Cooper and Cawston cleared when Sole Bay broke.
You may also want to watch:
With only 12 minutes remaining, Grocott found space to slot home under the advancing keeper to secure the points for Wells.
Second-bottom Wells host Sole Bay, who are two places above them, in a quick return on Saturday, ko 2.30pm.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 6 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
The bottom five are Attleborough 11 points from 21 games, Wells 14 from 19, Scole 16 from 20, Sole Bay 18 from 21, Long Stratton 19 from 21.