Weather hits hard
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk LeagueThe wintry weather took its toll on the fixture list with several postponed or abandoned because of the snowfall.
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
The wintry weather took its toll on the fixture list with several postponed or abandoned because of the snowfall.
Most of the action was concentrated on the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
The first division clubs joined the competition and four failed to progress - three succumbing to second division opposition after failing to take home advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Holders Hingham Athletic lost 2-0 to Wymondham Town A, Gressenhall were beaten 3-1 by Cockers while Hingham Athletic Reserves enjoyed a notable 3-1 win at Toftwood Rangers.
In an all-first division clash, Bridgham United beat Yaxham 3-2. Rockland United won 4-3 at Castle Acre Swifts and East Harling Reserves beat Saham Toney Reserves 3-2.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
It was a bad day for Shropham United, with the first team losing 2-0 at Sporle and the reserves beaten 5-0 by Foulsham Reserves.
The match between Bawdeswell and Morley Village Reserves ended 3-3, but it is Morley who go through 3-2 after a dramatic penalty shoot-out.
Friday saw Thetford Athletic win 6-0 at Swaffham Town A.
Division Two leaders Attleborough Town A lost 5-2 at Watton United A.
In Division three, Wendling gained their first win with a 2-0 success at Rockland United Reserves.
Shipdham Reserves replace them at the bottom of the table after losing 3-0 at Thetford Rovers Reserves.
In Division Four, Colkirk won 5-2 at Breckland Wanderers to move second.
Methwold Rovers beat Fakenham Town A 4-1.