Wells battle to victory
Wells Town 2, Corton 1
TABLE-TOPPERS the Seasiders secured another three points but had to battle against a spirited Corton side who looked better than their lowly league position suggests.
The Anglian Combination Division One match started with Wells going close several times. A low drive from East found Sutherland-Gray after 20 minutes and he gave Denning no chance with a well-placed shot.
Immediately at the other end Corton should have equalised, but when clean through a mix-up between the visiting forwards gave the Wells defence the chance to clear.
Sutherland-Gray saw a reflex shot come back off an upright and another good effort go inches wide. Molyneux was brought into action again with a one-handed save as the visitors broke.
You may also want to watch:
There was a clash of heads between Frary and Franks as they cleared an attack at the expense of a corner. From the flag-kick, dangerman High out-jumped the home defence and powered his header past Molyneux to equalise.
The Seasiders bossed the second period but created few chances until the 70th minute when Frary collected a good ball from Grocott and slotted home.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Then solid defending by Cooper, Franks and Frary withstood increasing pressure.
Wells Town travel to Caister on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm). Wells Reserves host Brandon Reserves at Beach Road (kick-off 2.30pm).