Wells’ challengers let points slip
In the Anglian Combination, only 19 games out of the 51 scheduled survived the weekend rain, and one of them helped Division One leaders Wells Town.
Wymondham closed the gap on the Seasiders, but only by a point as they were held to a 1-1 home draw by second-bottom Corton, the Seasiders’ visitors on Saturday.
That leaves Wells top with 49 points from 18, now with two games in hand over Wymondham who are on 47 points. Nearest to them are Long Stratton with 38 points from 21 games.
Reviving Hindringham still have work to do. They are fourth bottom with 17 points from 19 games. Below them are Poringland with 14 points from 17 games, Corton 13 from 18 and Bungay eight from 19.
Fourth-place Bradenham continued their impressive season with a 4-0 home win over mid-table Holt, their goals coming from Thomas Spalding (2), Christopher Hancy and Stuart Woodcock. Reepham are one place lower.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer improved their position at the top of the Premier Division.
They won the north Norfolk derby at Sheringham 2-0 with strikes from Craig Terrington and David Hinton. Defending champions Blofield, with four games in hand over Cromer, now have 18 fewer points.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
Foulsham are on course for promotion from Division Two. They are second with 48 points from 21 games to leaders CEYMS’ 50 from 20. Nearest to them are Hellesdon with 39 points from 18 games.