Wells’ challengers let points slip
In the Anglian Combination, only 19 games out of the 51 scheduled survived the weekend rain, and one of them helped Division One leaders Wells Town.
Wymondham closed the gap on the Seasiders, but only by a point as they were held to a 1-1 home draw by second-bottom Corton, the Seasiders’ visitors on Saturday.
That leaves Wells top with 49 points from 18, now with two games in hand over Wymondham who are on 47 points. Nearest to them are Long Stratton with 38 points from 21 games.
Reviving Hindringham still have work to do. They are fourth bottom with 17 points from 19 games. Below them are Poringland with 14 points from 17 games, Corton 13 from 18 and Bungay eight from 19.
Fourth-place Bradenham continued their impressive season with a 4-0 home win over mid-table Holt, their goals coming from Thomas Spalding (2), Christopher Hancy and Stuart Woodcock. Reepham are one place lower.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer improved their position at the top of the Premier Division.
They won the north Norfolk derby at Sheringham 2-0 with strikes from Craig Terrington and David Hinton. Defending champions Blofield, with four games in hand over Cromer, now have 18 fewer points.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 10 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
Foulsham are on course for promotion from Division Two. They are second with 48 points from 21 games to leaders CEYMS’ 50 from 20. Nearest to them are Hellesdon with 39 points from 18 games.