Wells complete four-day double
Wells Town 3, Horsford United 0
TUESDAY night saw the teams meet in Anglian Combination Division One for the second time in four days, section leaders Wells completing the double.
The Seasiders now have 65 points from 26 games to the 45-point totals of Mattishall and St Johns, who have both played 24 matches. Acle have 43 fom 23 and Blofield 42 from 21.
Horsford United 0, Wells Town 3
SATURDAY saw the first meeting this season between teams having very good campaigns. The Seasiders are already promoted and Horsford were sitting in fourth place with a very outside chance of joining them.
You may also want to watch:
However, a very workmanlike team effort from Wells snuffed out any chance that the home side created.
Wells forced several corners, one of which created the first goal. Horsford struggled to clear and Cooper pounced with a fine strike to break the deadlock after 30 minutes.
- 1 'It is heartbreaking' - Landlord of 'wet-led' pub that still can't open
- 2 Brilliant light display in memory of late wife brightens up Christmas
- 3 Fakenham's clash with Hashtag Utd is 'biggest game in years'
- 4 Firefighters called to chimney blaze in Norfolk village
- 5 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 6 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 7 'I am devastated' - Mum of three has Morrison card hacked
- 8 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 9 New town bench divides opinion
- 10 Pedestrian in hospital after crash involving van
Within minutes East had found Wells’ second when he turned and curled his shot home. On the hour Grocott slipped the ball past his marker and slid the ball home at the keeper’s near post.
Wells Town travel to Reepham on Saturday, 2.15pm kick-off.
Poringland Reserves 4, Wells Reserves 0
Not for the first time this season Wells Reserves travelled with a make-shift side.
And credit to those players that did put on the blue and white, as the Seasiders held their hosts at 2-0 until the last few minutes, when Poringland added two quick goals.
Wells Reserves host Attleborough Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.