Wells earn point in teeth of gale
Wells Town 0, Corton 0THE Seasiders played host to Corton at Beach Road and secured a point to hold onto 10th position in Anglian Combination Division One.
Wells Town 0, Corton 0
THE Seasiders played host to Corton at Beach Road and secured a point to hold onto 10th position in Anglian Combination Division One.
The match was played in horrendous conditions with a gale-force wind blowing across the pitch.
Wells started with the wind behind them but failed to take any real advantage as both teams struggled to make any progress. Corton did have the ball in the net but this was ruled out for off-side.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the visitors camped in the home half, but again they could not make any chances count, with the home defence clearing any real chances.
Wells Town host Bungay Town on Saturday 2.30pm.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
St Andrews Reserves 1, Wells Town Reserves 4
Wells Reserves returned from Thorpe Rec on Saturday with three hard-earned points.
Again, with a strong wind affecting play, it was Wells who managed to play with the ball on the ground with good close passing.
Grieves produced a fine hat-trick and Davies added a goal to secure the points.
Wells Reserves travel to Mattishall on Saturday, 4pm ko.