Wells earn point in teeth of gale
Wells Town 0, Corton 0THE Seasiders played host to Corton at Beach Road and secured a point to hold onto 10th position in Anglian Combination Division One.
Wells Town 0, Corton 0
THE Seasiders played host to Corton at Beach Road and secured a point to hold onto 10th position in Anglian Combination Division One.
The match was played in horrendous conditions with a gale-force wind blowing across the pitch.
Wells started with the wind behind them but failed to take any real advantage as both teams struggled to make any progress. Corton did have the ball in the net but this was ruled out for off-side.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the visitors camped in the home half, but again they could not make any chances count, with the home defence clearing any real chances.
Wells Town host Bungay Town on Saturday 2.30pm.
- 1 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 2 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 3 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 4 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 5 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Community brings flower power to village streets
St Andrews Reserves 1, Wells Town Reserves 4
Wells Reserves returned from Thorpe Rec on Saturday with three hard-earned points.
Again, with a strong wind affecting play, it was Wells who managed to play with the ball on the ground with good close passing.
Grieves produced a fine hat-trick and Davies added a goal to secure the points.
Wells Reserves travel to Mattishall on Saturday, 4pm ko.