Wells earn point in teeth of gale
Wells Town 0, Corton 0THE Seasiders played host to Corton at Beach Road and secured a point to hold onto 10th position in Anglian Combination Division One.
Wells Town 0, Corton 0
THE Seasiders played host to Corton at Beach Road and secured a point to hold onto 10th position in Anglian Combination Division One.
The match was played in horrendous conditions with a gale-force wind blowing across the pitch.
Wells started with the wind behind them but failed to take any real advantage as both teams struggled to make any progress. Corton did have the ball in the net but this was ruled out for off-side.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the visitors camped in the home half, but again they could not make any chances count, with the home defence clearing any real chances.
Wells Town host Bungay Town on Saturday 2.30pm.
- 1 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 2 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 3 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 6 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 7 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
- 8 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Shoe shop set to close after more than two decades in business
St Andrews Reserves 1, Wells Town Reserves 4
Wells Reserves returned from Thorpe Rec on Saturday with three hard-earned points.
Again, with a strong wind affecting play, it was Wells who managed to play with the ball on the ground with good close passing.
Grieves produced a fine hat-trick and Davies added a goal to secure the points.
Wells Reserves travel to Mattishall on Saturday, 4pm ko.