Wells lose ground to fellow strugglers
Wells Town 0, Wymondham Town 3
This was a match both sides needed to win – and unfortunately for Wells the visitors netted three times in the last 15 minutes to move clear of the Seasiders at the bottom of the Anglian Combination Premier Division table.
Both sides started well but the defences were in control as a breakthrough failed to arrive.
The Wymondham keeper pulled off several top class saves to keep the scores level at the interval, and at that stage the match looked as though a share of the spoils would be the order of the day.
But in the 75th minute David Ramsbottom broke and slotted home with ease – and within minutes the same player had added his second.
You may also want to watch:
In the 90th minute Wymondham introduced Luke Rackham who soon added a third as the visitors moved six points clear of Wells at the bottom.
Wells travel to Blofield on Saturday (kick off 2pm). Wells Reserves host Buxton at Beach Road (2pm).
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
At the top of the Premier Division, frontrunners Mattishall stretched their lead to four points with a comprehensive 4-1 win at St Andrews.
Andrew Fulcher netted twice, with Connor Delaney and Christian Harbour also on target for the visitors, while Nicky May scored for St Andrews.
In the Mummery Cup quarter-finals, Reepham Town cruised to a 5-2 success against Beccles with goals from Stephen Drake (2), Kevin Winkworth, Mark Gaskin and Colin Emberley.