Wells ready for trophy
Wells Town will be presented with the Anglian Combination Division One trophy on Saturday after their last home match of the season, against second-placed Wymondham (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Town 1, Watton United 2
The Seasiders lost their unbeaten home record in a match in which they created enough chances to have won easily.
The visitors forced several early corners but the Wells defence stood firm.
After 15 minutes of Wells soaking up pressure, Scott Sutherland-Gray produced a great goal as he curled his shot past Bond. Hucky, for the visitors, found the equaliser after 20 minutes when he gave Molyneux no chance with a good volley.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders passed and moved the ball about well in the second period and created more than enough chances to add further goals. Bond saved numerous chances as Wells pushed forward.
In time added on, Hucky picked up a loose ball and crossed for Bloomfield to slot home Eatton’s winner.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life