Wells ready for trophy
Wells Town will be presented with the Anglian Combination Division One trophy on Saturday after their last home match of the season, against second-placed Wymondham (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Town 1, Watton United 2
The Seasiders lost their unbeaten home record in a match in which they created enough chances to have won easily.
The visitors forced several early corners but the Wells defence stood firm.
After 15 minutes of Wells soaking up pressure, Scott Sutherland-Gray produced a great goal as he curled his shot past Bond. Hucky, for the visitors, found the equaliser after 20 minutes when he gave Molyneux no chance with a good volley.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders passed and moved the ball about well in the second period and created more than enough chances to add further goals. Bond saved numerous chances as Wells pushed forward.
In time added on, Hucky picked up a loose ball and crossed for Bloomfield to slot home Eatton’s winner.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'