Wells ready for trophy
Wells Town will be presented with the Anglian Combination Division One trophy on Saturday after their last home match of the season, against second-placed Wymondham (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Town 1, Watton United 2
The Seasiders lost their unbeaten home record in a match in which they created enough chances to have won easily.
The visitors forced several early corners but the Wells defence stood firm.
After 15 minutes of Wells soaking up pressure, Scott Sutherland-Gray produced a great goal as he curled his shot past Bond. Hucky, for the visitors, found the equaliser after 20 minutes when he gave Molyneux no chance with a good volley.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders passed and moved the ball about well in the second period and created more than enough chances to add further goals. Bond saved numerous chances as Wells pushed forward.
In time added on, Hucky picked up a loose ball and crossed for Bloomfield to slot home Eatton’s winner.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate