Wells ready for trophy
Wells Town will be presented with the Anglian Combination Division One trophy on Saturday after their last home match of the season, against second-placed Wymondham (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Town 1, Watton United 2
The Seasiders lost their unbeaten home record in a match in which they created enough chances to have won easily.
The visitors forced several early corners but the Wells defence stood firm.
After 15 minutes of Wells soaking up pressure, Scott Sutherland-Gray produced a great goal as he curled his shot past Bond. Hucky, for the visitors, found the equaliser after 20 minutes when he gave Molyneux no chance with a good volley.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders passed and moved the ball about well in the second period and created more than enough chances to add further goals. Bond saved numerous chances as Wells pushed forward.
In time added on, Hucky picked up a loose ball and crossed for Bloomfield to slot home Eatton’s winner.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission