Wells sink the Lifeboatmen
Caister 1, Wells Town 3
AGAINST the Lifeboatmen at Allendale Road, the Seasiders again put in a solid performance against their improving hosts to stay five points clear at the top of Anglian Combination Division One with a game in hand.
The match started brightly and both sides created chances to break the deadlock. On 30 minutes a three-man move involving Grocott, Cawston and Sutherland-Gray was ended by the latter, who gave the home keeper no chance.
Within minutes Wells were 2-0 ahead. East turned and volleyed home from 18 yards.
Caister battled and had chances, but were denied by solid defending and safe handling by Molyneux.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides re-started brightly and in the 65th minute Grocott, who had worked tirelessly all afternoon, was rewarded when he turned his marker and placed a perfect shot out of the reach of the home keeper.
Wells’ defence of Page, Cooper, Franks and Frary were kept busy all match.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
Caister still pushed forward and were rewarded with a last-minute spot-kick, which was converted.
Wells Town host Poringland on Saturday at 2.30pm.