Wells sink the Lifeboatmen
Caister 1, Wells Town 3
AGAINST the Lifeboatmen at Allendale Road, the Seasiders again put in a solid performance against their improving hosts to stay five points clear at the top of Anglian Combination Division One with a game in hand.
The match started brightly and both sides created chances to break the deadlock. On 30 minutes a three-man move involving Grocott, Cawston and Sutherland-Gray was ended by the latter, who gave the home keeper no chance.
Within minutes Wells were 2-0 ahead. East turned and volleyed home from 18 yards.
Caister battled and had chances, but were denied by solid defending and safe handling by Molyneux.
Both sides re-started brightly and in the 65th minute Grocott, who had worked tirelessly all afternoon, was rewarded when he turned his marker and placed a perfect shot out of the reach of the home keeper.
Wells’ defence of Page, Cooper, Franks and Frary were kept busy all match.
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers
Caister still pushed forward and were rewarded with a last-minute spot-kick, which was converted.
Wells Town host Poringland on Saturday at 2.30pm.