Wells sink the Lifeboatmen
Caister 1, Wells Town 3
AGAINST the Lifeboatmen at Allendale Road, the Seasiders again put in a solid performance against their improving hosts to stay five points clear at the top of Anglian Combination Division One with a game in hand.
The match started brightly and both sides created chances to break the deadlock. On 30 minutes a three-man move involving Grocott, Cawston and Sutherland-Gray was ended by the latter, who gave the home keeper no chance.
Within minutes Wells were 2-0 ahead. East turned and volleyed home from 18 yards.
Caister battled and had chances, but were denied by solid defending and safe handling by Molyneux.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides re-started brightly and in the 65th minute Grocott, who had worked tirelessly all afternoon, was rewarded when he turned his marker and placed a perfect shot out of the reach of the home keeper.
Wells’ defence of Page, Cooper, Franks and Frary were kept busy all match.
- 1 'It is heartbreaking' - Landlord of 'wet-led' pub that still can't open
- 2 Brilliant light display in memory of late wife brightens up Christmas
- 3 Fakenham's clash with Hashtag Utd is 'biggest game in years'
- 4 Firefighters called to chimney blaze in Norfolk village
- 5 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 6 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 7 'I am devastated' - Mum of three has Morrison card hacked
- 8 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 9 New town bench divides opinion
- 10 Pedestrian in hospital after crash involving van
Caister still pushed forward and were rewarded with a last-minute spot-kick, which was converted.
Wells Town host Poringland on Saturday at 2.30pm.