Wells sink the Lifeboatmen
Caister 1, Wells Town 3
AGAINST the Lifeboatmen at Allendale Road, the Seasiders again put in a solid performance against their improving hosts to stay five points clear at the top of Anglian Combination Division One with a game in hand.
The match started brightly and both sides created chances to break the deadlock. On 30 minutes a three-man move involving Grocott, Cawston and Sutherland-Gray was ended by the latter, who gave the home keeper no chance.
Within minutes Wells were 2-0 ahead. East turned and volleyed home from 18 yards.
Caister battled and had chances, but were denied by solid defending and safe handling by Molyneux.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides re-started brightly and in the 65th minute Grocott, who had worked tirelessly all afternoon, was rewarded when he turned his marker and placed a perfect shot out of the reach of the home keeper.
Wells’ defence of Page, Cooper, Franks and Frary were kept busy all match.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 3 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 4 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
Caister still pushed forward and were rewarded with a last-minute spot-kick, which was converted.
Wells Town host Poringland on Saturday at 2.30pm.