Wells sink the Lifeboatmen
Caister 1, Wells Town 3
AGAINST the Lifeboatmen at Allendale Road, the Seasiders again put in a solid performance against their improving hosts to stay five points clear at the top of Anglian Combination Division One with a game in hand.
The match started brightly and both sides created chances to break the deadlock. On 30 minutes a three-man move involving Grocott, Cawston and Sutherland-Gray was ended by the latter, who gave the home keeper no chance.
Within minutes Wells were 2-0 ahead. East turned and volleyed home from 18 yards.
Caister battled and had chances, but were denied by solid defending and safe handling by Molyneux.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides re-started brightly and in the 65th minute Grocott, who had worked tirelessly all afternoon, was rewarded when he turned his marker and placed a perfect shot out of the reach of the home keeper.
Wells’ defence of Page, Cooper, Franks and Frary were kept busy all match.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
Caister still pushed forward and were rewarded with a last-minute spot-kick, which was converted.
Wells Town host Poringland on Saturday at 2.30pm.