Wells striker’s four in a game

Hindringham 1, Wells Town 5

Wells Town travelled to Holt Sports Centre to face Hindringham and secured three points, but not after a minor scare with the match balanced at 3-1 in Wells’ favour.

After 15 minutes of open play a Saunders free-kick was met by Sutherland-Gray who headed home past Cracknell, giving Wells the edge.

On the stroke of half-time Grocott put Wells 2-0 ahead when he scored from an acute angle.

With supporters still coming out from the break, Sutherland-Gray again headed home, from a Franks cross.

Wells were not comfortable and conceded a sloppy goal as they allowed Belton to head home with ease. The match could have then turned as Hindringham hit Molyneux’s bar from distance.

In the 75th minute Sutherland-Gray completed his hat-trick as again he gave Cracknell no chance, and on 80 minutes a mazy run ended with Sutherland-Gray hitting his fourth.

Most Read

Acle United 4, Wells Town 2

This Mummery Cup proved costly for Wells Town, losing players through injury.

Wells found a breakthrough after only 10 minutes when Sutherland-Gray pounced to place his shot out of the reach of the home keeper.

Acle started to surge forward and equalised with a well-taken goal after 15 minutes. A back pass was intercepted by an Acle forward who rounded Molyneux and slotted home with ease.

Wells then lost keeper Molyneux with a shoulder injury. G Rutland deputised, but could not prevent Acle adding another goal.

Grocott reduced the arrears when he forced his way past the home defence and slotted home.

Wells forced several corners but could not find any further goals.

Wells Town face Caister on Saturday at Beach Road, 2pm kick-off.

Wells Reserves bowed out of the C S Morley Cup 2-1 at home to Watton from the fourth division.

Wells suffered a lack of discipline as they were looking to find a way back into the contest when Wick was sent off, which left the side a mountain to climb.

Wells Reserves travel to Attleborough Reserves on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.