Wells strikers out of sorts
Scole United 1, Wells Town 0.The Seasiders snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory on Saturday as they struggled to convert the many chances created.
Scole United 1, Wells Town 0.
The Seasiders snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory on Saturday as they struggled to convert the many chances created.
The first 15 minutes was very scrappy as both sides struggled to come to terms with a strong crosswind.
Wells then created chance after chance and could have gone in at the interval at least 5-1 ahead.
You may also want to watch:
However, poor finishing and good goal-keeping prevented any breakthrough.
The second half was much more even, and Wells were made to pay for the first-half missed chances when Scole broke and finished off the one chance they had to send Wells home empty-handed.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
Wells Town entertain Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.