Wells Town bow out of Cyril Ballyn Cup as mistakes are punished
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town bowed out of the Cyril Ballyn Cup when they were beaten 6-2 at Sprowston Athletic in the second round.
The home side capitalised on mistakes in the first period and three mistakes allowed three easy goals to leave the visitors with a mountain to climb.
After the break it didn’t improve much although the deficit was reduced firstly by Tom Lane, who slotted home, and then by a good finish by Aaron Myhill.
On Saturday the Seasiders travel to Caister Reserves in Division Two of the Anglian Combination (2.30pm).
In the Norfolk Primary Cup Wells Reserves were beaten 4-1 at home by Hingham Reserves. The visitors’ fitness cost them this contest with the score 0-0 at the interval and then 1-1 during the second period after D Wick had put the team ahead. The visitors rallied with three quick goals to kill off the Seasiders’ hopes.
You may also want to watch:
It’s Redgate Res away next (2.30pm).
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?