Wells Town bow out of Cyril Ballyn Cup as mistakes are punished
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town bowed out of the Cyril Ballyn Cup when they were beaten 6-2 at Sprowston Athletic in the second round.
The home side capitalised on mistakes in the first period and three mistakes allowed three easy goals to leave the visitors with a mountain to climb.
After the break it didn’t improve much although the deficit was reduced firstly by Tom Lane, who slotted home, and then by a good finish by Aaron Myhill.
On Saturday the Seasiders travel to Caister Reserves in Division Two of the Anglian Combination (2.30pm).
In the Norfolk Primary Cup Wells Reserves were beaten 4-1 at home by Hingham Reserves. The visitors’ fitness cost them this contest with the score 0-0 at the interval and then 1-1 during the second period after D Wick had put the team ahead. The visitors rallied with three quick goals to kill off the Seasiders’ hopes.
You may also want to watch:
It’s Redgate Res away next (2.30pm).
- 1 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 2 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 5 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 6 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid