Wells Town bow out of Cyril Ballyn Cup as mistakes are punished
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town bowed out of the Cyril Ballyn Cup when they were beaten 6-2 at Sprowston Athletic in the second round.
The home side capitalised on mistakes in the first period and three mistakes allowed three easy goals to leave the visitors with a mountain to climb.
After the break it didn’t improve much although the deficit was reduced firstly by Tom Lane, who slotted home, and then by a good finish by Aaron Myhill.
On Saturday the Seasiders travel to Caister Reserves in Division Two of the Anglian Combination (2.30pm).
In the Norfolk Primary Cup Wells Reserves were beaten 4-1 at home by Hingham Reserves. The visitors’ fitness cost them this contest with the score 0-0 at the interval and then 1-1 during the second period after D Wick had put the team ahead. The visitors rallied with three quick goals to kill off the Seasiders’ hopes.
You may also want to watch:
It’s Redgate Res away next (2.30pm).
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front