Wells Town bow out of Cyril Ballyn Cup as mistakes are punished
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town bowed out of the Cyril Ballyn Cup when they were beaten 6-2 at Sprowston Athletic in the second round.
The home side capitalised on mistakes in the first period and three mistakes allowed three easy goals to leave the visitors with a mountain to climb.
After the break it didn’t improve much although the deficit was reduced firstly by Tom Lane, who slotted home, and then by a good finish by Aaron Myhill.
On Saturday the Seasiders travel to Caister Reserves in Division Two of the Anglian Combination (2.30pm).
In the Norfolk Primary Cup Wells Reserves were beaten 4-1 at home by Hingham Reserves. The visitors’ fitness cost them this contest with the score 0-0 at the interval and then 1-1 during the second period after D Wick had put the team ahead. The visitors rallied with three quick goals to kill off the Seasiders’ hopes.
You may also want to watch:
It’s Redgate Res away next (2.30pm).
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 3 Pints, pups and haircuts - Dereham delight at April 12 reopening
- 4 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 5 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 6 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?
- 9 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 10 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait