Wells Town denied victory in dramatic finale
Horsford Utd 4, Wells Tn 4
Wells were denied their second league victory of the season by a 90th minute equaliser in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
The Seasiders travelled to face Horsford United, who only a few weeks earlier had knocked them out of the Norfolk Senior Cup 5-1. With several key players missing Wells put in a solid display that every player should be proud of.
Leading scorer Jody Murfit scored after only six minutes following good play by Dagless, before the hosts levelled after 15 minutes.
Wells went ahead again when Joe Harrison scored with a well taken shot from an acute angle, and after 36 minutes Wells increased their lead when Murfit spotted the keeper off his line and chipped him with a delicate effort to give the visitors an interval lead of 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts reduced the arrears when a 75th minute penalty was awarded.
Harrison was then brought down when he was on the end of a furious tackle that looked to have ended his match. However, after treatment he resumed and following good link up play with Murfit, Harrison netted his second and Wells’ fourth.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 9 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
With only 10 minutes remaining the hosts threw everything at Wells, and a deflected shot wrong footed Armiger to reduce the arrears.
Horsford levelled on 90 minutes to send the Seasiders home with a well-earned away point.
Wells host Hellesdon this Saturday, kick-off 2pm.