Wells Town denied victory in dramatic finale
Horsford Utd 4, Wells Tn 4
Wells were denied their second league victory of the season by a 90th minute equaliser in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
The Seasiders travelled to face Horsford United, who only a few weeks earlier had knocked them out of the Norfolk Senior Cup 5-1. With several key players missing Wells put in a solid display that every player should be proud of.
Leading scorer Jody Murfit scored after only six minutes following good play by Dagless, before the hosts levelled after 15 minutes.
Wells went ahead again when Joe Harrison scored with a well taken shot from an acute angle, and after 36 minutes Wells increased their lead when Murfit spotted the keeper off his line and chipped him with a delicate effort to give the visitors an interval lead of 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts reduced the arrears when a 75th minute penalty was awarded.
Harrison was then brought down when he was on the end of a furious tackle that looked to have ended his match. However, after treatment he resumed and following good link up play with Murfit, Harrison netted his second and Wells’ fourth.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
With only 10 minutes remaining the hosts threw everything at Wells, and a deflected shot wrong footed Armiger to reduce the arrears.
Horsford levelled on 90 minutes to send the Seasiders home with a well-earned away point.
Wells host Hellesdon this Saturday, kick-off 2pm.