Wells Town beaten 7-0 at home by Fakenham Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town’s up-and-down season continued on Saturday when visitors Fakenham Reserves turned up with no less than seven ex-Seasiders in the squad and recorded a 7-0 win.
The conditions were not ideal, with a gale blowing straight down the pitch and rain falling, making the pitch heavy.
The visitors took full advantage of the wind in the first period and scored five times at regular intervals to give themselves a decent cushion going in to the break.
In the second period Wells never really got going and the visitors added two more goals, killing any hope of a revival.
Fakenham’s scorers were Joe Harrison (3), Johnathan Lane (2), Dan Tuddenham and Dan Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Wells now have back-to-back matches with Horsford who have conceded no fewer that 41 goals in their previous two games. They sit firmly rooted to the bottom so six points is a must, starting this Saturday at Horsford.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed