Wells Town beaten 7-0 at home by Fakenham Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town’s up-and-down season continued on Saturday when visitors Fakenham Reserves turned up with no less than seven ex-Seasiders in the squad and recorded a 7-0 win.
The conditions were not ideal, with a gale blowing straight down the pitch and rain falling, making the pitch heavy.
The visitors took full advantage of the wind in the first period and scored five times at regular intervals to give themselves a decent cushion going in to the break.
In the second period Wells never really got going and the visitors added two more goals, killing any hope of a revival.
Fakenham’s scorers were Joe Harrison (3), Johnathan Lane (2), Dan Tuddenham and Dan Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Wells now have back-to-back matches with Horsford who have conceded no fewer that 41 goals in their previous two games. They sit firmly rooted to the bottom so six points is a must, starting this Saturday at Horsford.
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune