Wells Town beaten 7-0 at home by Fakenham Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town’s up-and-down season continued on Saturday when visitors Fakenham Reserves turned up with no less than seven ex-Seasiders in the squad and recorded a 7-0 win.
The conditions were not ideal, with a gale blowing straight down the pitch and rain falling, making the pitch heavy.
The visitors took full advantage of the wind in the first period and scored five times at regular intervals to give themselves a decent cushion going in to the break.
In the second period Wells never really got going and the visitors added two more goals, killing any hope of a revival.
Fakenham’s scorers were Joe Harrison (3), Johnathan Lane (2), Dan Tuddenham and Dan Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Wells now have back-to-back matches with Horsford who have conceded no fewer that 41 goals in their previous two games. They sit firmly rooted to the bottom so six points is a must, starting this Saturday at Horsford.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye