Wells Town beaten 7-0 at home by Fakenham Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town’s up-and-down season continued on Saturday when visitors Fakenham Reserves turned up with no less than seven ex-Seasiders in the squad and recorded a 7-0 win.
The conditions were not ideal, with a gale blowing straight down the pitch and rain falling, making the pitch heavy.
The visitors took full advantage of the wind in the first period and scored five times at regular intervals to give themselves a decent cushion going in to the break.
In the second period Wells never really got going and the visitors added two more goals, killing any hope of a revival.
Fakenham’s scorers were Joe Harrison (3), Johnathan Lane (2), Dan Tuddenham and Dan Jarvis.
Wells now have back-to-back matches with Horsford who have conceded no fewer that 41 goals in their previous two games. They sit firmly rooted to the bottom so six points is a must, starting this Saturday at Horsford.
- 1 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 5 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 6 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 7 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 8 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 9 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 10 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced