Wells Town beaten 7-0 at home by Fakenham Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town’s up-and-down season continued on Saturday when visitors Fakenham Reserves turned up with no less than seven ex-Seasiders in the squad and recorded a 7-0 win.
The conditions were not ideal, with a gale blowing straight down the pitch and rain falling, making the pitch heavy.
The visitors took full advantage of the wind in the first period and scored five times at regular intervals to give themselves a decent cushion going in to the break.
In the second period Wells never really got going and the visitors added two more goals, killing any hope of a revival.
Fakenham’s scorers were Joe Harrison (3), Johnathan Lane (2), Dan Tuddenham and Dan Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
Wells now have back-to-back matches with Horsford who have conceded no fewer that 41 goals in their previous two games. They sit firmly rooted to the bottom so six points is a must, starting this Saturday at Horsford.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies