Wells Town out of luck as visitors grab a late winner
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town entertained Gayton United at Beach Road on Saturday in Division Two of the Anglian Combination, with the club deserving credit for getting the match on when many local games fell victim to the weather.
Both sides started brightly with Wells keeper Darren Armiger being called into action first when he saved two close range efforts at point blank range.
Wells also created chances of their own with the visiting keeper saving well. The visitors did however break the deadlock in the first period with a tap-in from close range after the keeper had parried the ball away.
As in previous weeks the home side battled well and had the majority of the ball in the second period and it was no surprise when the equaliser arrived. Tthe initial shot bounced off the crossbar but Aaron Myhill was on hand to head home.
Unfortunately, with only minutes remaining, the visitors scored again to snatch what would have been a well deserved point away from the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Wells make the long trip to Brandon Town on Saturday, 2pm.
Bradenham Wanderers saw their top of the table match at Harleston Town in the Premier Division postponed due to a frozen pitch. They are due to visit Caister on Saturday.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 5 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead
Hindringham, another side left idle by the cold snap, are at Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves in Division One.