Wells Town put poor run behind them to end season in style
- Credit: Archant
After a disappointing run which saw them drop out of contention for promotion, Wells Town rounded off their Anglian Combination Division Two campaign with a 3-0 win at Hempnall.
The hosts needed to pick up maximum points from the contest to give themselves a fighting chance to stay in the division but Wells were in no mood to give them an easy ride and sealed the win with three late goals.
The visitors found themselves pinned back on several occasions as the hosts started to create chances, only to see the Hempnall defence clearing these to safety.
The score at the interval was 0-0, with the visitors missing a couple of chances to go ahead.
Wells had the wind behind them in the second period and Hempnall were being pushed back to defend the ball. Chances came and went and with only 10 minutes left a draw looked on the cards.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Pooley and Ross Brewster then came off the bench to give the strikeforce a lift and within minutes Lloyd Briggs found the net and two quick attacks allowed Luke Goss a brace.
The win ensured Wells finished the season in seventh place.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life