Wells Town put poor run behind them to end season in style
- Credit: Archant
After a disappointing run which saw them drop out of contention for promotion, Wells Town rounded off their Anglian Combination Division Two campaign with a 3-0 win at Hempnall.
The hosts needed to pick up maximum points from the contest to give themselves a fighting chance to stay in the division but Wells were in no mood to give them an easy ride and sealed the win with three late goals.
The visitors found themselves pinned back on several occasions as the hosts started to create chances, only to see the Hempnall defence clearing these to safety.
The score at the interval was 0-0, with the visitors missing a couple of chances to go ahead.
Wells had the wind behind them in the second period and Hempnall were being pushed back to defend the ball. Chances came and went and with only 10 minutes left a draw looked on the cards.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Pooley and Ross Brewster then came off the bench to give the strikeforce a lift and within minutes Lloyd Briggs found the net and two quick attacks allowed Luke Goss a brace.
The win ensured Wells finished the season in seventh place.
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand