Wells Town put poor run behind them to end season in style
- Credit: Archant
After a disappointing run which saw them drop out of contention for promotion, Wells Town rounded off their Anglian Combination Division Two campaign with a 3-0 win at Hempnall.
The hosts needed to pick up maximum points from the contest to give themselves a fighting chance to stay in the division but Wells were in no mood to give them an easy ride and sealed the win with three late goals.
The visitors found themselves pinned back on several occasions as the hosts started to create chances, only to see the Hempnall defence clearing these to safety.
The score at the interval was 0-0, with the visitors missing a couple of chances to go ahead.
Wells had the wind behind them in the second period and Hempnall were being pushed back to defend the ball. Chances came and went and with only 10 minutes left a draw looked on the cards.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Pooley and Ross Brewster then came off the bench to give the strikeforce a lift and within minutes Lloyd Briggs found the net and two quick attacks allowed Luke Goss a brace.
The win ensured Wells finished the season in seventh place.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 3 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 4 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 5 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible