Wells Town record first victory of season
Wells Tn 3 Hindringham 0
Wells Town shrugged off their disastrous start to the season to pick up their first points in Anglian Combination Division One with Saturday’s derby success.
Manager Nigel Twite had his strongest squad to pick from so far this season and the Seasiders started the brighter, with some probing runs down the flanks causing the visitors problems.
Wells broke the deadlock after 12 minutes when Grocott spotted Sayer off his line and chipped the ball over the stranded keeper from distance.
The visitors slowly started to push forward and had a few chances to level but stout defending kept the attacks at bay.
The Seasiders struck again on 50 minutes when Jody Murfitt turned his marker and gave the keeper no chance with a well placed shot.
Hindringham hit the post after a goalmouth scramble, before Wells started to control the tempo and had some good spells of possession.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
Harrison, who had worked hard all match, got his reward after 72 minutes when he killed the match off, sliding the ball under Sayer.
Wells Town travel to Poringland on Saturday (ko 2.30pm).
n Wells Town will be unveiling a memorial seat for the late Richard Emerson (Emmo) at Beach Road on Sunday, November 4 at 2pm.
Emmerson was a lifetime member of the club.