Wells Town record first victory of season
Wells Tn 3 Hindringham 0
Wells Town shrugged off their disastrous start to the season to pick up their first points in Anglian Combination Division One with Saturday’s derby success.
Manager Nigel Twite had his strongest squad to pick from so far this season and the Seasiders started the brighter, with some probing runs down the flanks causing the visitors problems.
Wells broke the deadlock after 12 minutes when Grocott spotted Sayer off his line and chipped the ball over the stranded keeper from distance.
The visitors slowly started to push forward and had a few chances to level but stout defending kept the attacks at bay.
You may also want to watch:
The Seasiders struck again on 50 minutes when Jody Murfitt turned his marker and gave the keeper no chance with a well placed shot.
Hindringham hit the post after a goalmouth scramble, before Wells started to control the tempo and had some good spells of possession.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
Harrison, who had worked hard all match, got his reward after 72 minutes when he killed the match off, sliding the ball under Sayer.
Wells Town travel to Poringland on Saturday (ko 2.30pm).
n Wells Town will be unveiling a memorial seat for the late Richard Emerson (Emmo) at Beach Road on Sunday, November 4 at 2pm.
Emmerson was a lifetime member of the club.