Wells Town succumb to set-pieces
Wroxham Res 2, Wells Town 0
Two set-pieces, one in each half, saw off the Seasiders in this Anglian Combination Premier Division clash.
The first on 26 minutes saw Molyneux push a Terrington free-kick against his crossbar only for George to let the ball hit his thigh and crash into the back of the net.
Wells battled, searching for the equaliser and the Wroxham defence bundled the ball away on several occasions as Wells pushed forward.
A misjudged tackle on Sutherland-Gray should have resulted in a spot kick for the visitors but the match official waved the appeals away.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal arrived on 60 minutes when Mace headed home a Terrington flag kick.
Wells Town host Loddon United this Saturday (2.30pm) at Beach Road.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
n Wells Town Reserves battled to secure a vital three points against Mundford Reserves with a 2-0 victory.
The goals came from Somerton and Cole to keep the young Seasiders away from the bottom two in Division Five.
Wells Reserves travel to Bradenham Reserves this Saturday (2.30pm).
South Creake 5, Denver 1
South Creake entertained Denver after a four-week break and ran out comfortable winners in North West Norfolk League Division Two.
Dan Studd led the way with a first half hat-trick. Denver did pull a goal back early in the second half but further goals from Dave Peters and debutant Will Parfitt sealed the win. Creake could have had more goals most notably Dean Spriggs missing from close range. G R Hunt Builders MoM: Dan Studd.
South Creake Reserves visited Holt A in a friendly and were beaten 6-1, Conor Welch scoring the goal.