Wells Town succumb to set-pieces
Wroxham Res 2, Wells Town 0
Two set-pieces, one in each half, saw off the Seasiders in this Anglian Combination Premier Division clash.
The first on 26 minutes saw Molyneux push a Terrington free-kick against his crossbar only for George to let the ball hit his thigh and crash into the back of the net.
Wells battled, searching for the equaliser and the Wroxham defence bundled the ball away on several occasions as Wells pushed forward.
A misjudged tackle on Sutherland-Gray should have resulted in a spot kick for the visitors but the match official waved the appeals away.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal arrived on 60 minutes when Mace headed home a Terrington flag kick.
Wells Town host Loddon United this Saturday (2.30pm) at Beach Road.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 7 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 8 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
n Wells Town Reserves battled to secure a vital three points against Mundford Reserves with a 2-0 victory.
The goals came from Somerton and Cole to keep the young Seasiders away from the bottom two in Division Five.
Wells Reserves travel to Bradenham Reserves this Saturday (2.30pm).
South Creake 5, Denver 1
South Creake entertained Denver after a four-week break and ran out comfortable winners in North West Norfolk League Division Two.
Dan Studd led the way with a first half hat-trick. Denver did pull a goal back early in the second half but further goals from Dave Peters and debutant Will Parfitt sealed the win. Creake could have had more goals most notably Dean Spriggs missing from close range. G R Hunt Builders MoM: Dan Studd.
South Creake Reserves visited Holt A in a friendly and were beaten 6-1, Conor Welch scoring the goal.