Wells Town succumb to set-pieces
Wroxham Res 2, Wells Town 0
Two set-pieces, one in each half, saw off the Seasiders in this Anglian Combination Premier Division clash.
The first on 26 minutes saw Molyneux push a Terrington free-kick against his crossbar only for George to let the ball hit his thigh and crash into the back of the net.
Wells battled, searching for the equaliser and the Wroxham defence bundled the ball away on several occasions as Wells pushed forward.
A misjudged tackle on Sutherland-Gray should have resulted in a spot kick for the visitors but the match official waved the appeals away.
The second goal arrived on 60 minutes when Mace headed home a Terrington flag kick.
Wells Town host Loddon United this Saturday (2.30pm) at Beach Road.
- 1 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 2 Work under way to stabilise 'carbuncle' property
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Plans for jubilee celebrations in Wells revealed
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Estate bringing back Feast in the Park with local street food traders
- 8 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 9 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
n Wells Town Reserves battled to secure a vital three points against Mundford Reserves with a 2-0 victory.
The goals came from Somerton and Cole to keep the young Seasiders away from the bottom two in Division Five.
Wells Reserves travel to Bradenham Reserves this Saturday (2.30pm).
South Creake 5, Denver 1
South Creake entertained Denver after a four-week break and ran out comfortable winners in North West Norfolk League Division Two.
Dan Studd led the way with a first half hat-trick. Denver did pull a goal back early in the second half but further goals from Dave Peters and debutant Will Parfitt sealed the win. Creake could have had more goals most notably Dean Spriggs missing from close range. G R Hunt Builders MoM: Dan Studd.
South Creake Reserves visited Holt A in a friendly and were beaten 6-1, Conor Welch scoring the goal.