Wells Town take positives from defeat
Wells Town 2, Blofield United 5
The final scoreline flattered the visitors as they added their final goal in time added on.
Temporary manager Nigel Twite spoke highly of the home side as again they battled for the whole 90 minutes against a side challengeing for the Anglian Combination Premier Division title.
Wells broke the deadlock after 25 minutes when Scott Sutherland Gray turned and volleyed home, before Joseph Manning equalised for the visitors on 30 minutes.
Blofield went ahead on the stroke of half-time when Karl Mills sneaked in to tap home.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Morgan added a brace in the second period for Blofield with goals in the 65th and 75th minutes, the second a penalty given for hand-ball.
Carl Baldry reduced the arrears on 90 minutes with a good strike as the visitors struggled to clear.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
In time added on Elliot Jackson added the visitors’ fifth.
Wells Town host the North West Norfolk League Division Two final between South Creake and Discovery Royals tonight (7.30pm).
On Sunday, Wells host two Mid-Norfolk Cup Finals. The U13s final between Downham and Gayton kicks off at 11am, followed by the U15s match between Docking and Clenchwarton (1pm).
Wells Town travel to Norwich St Johns on Saturday (2pm).
Wells Reserves are at Aylsham Reserves (2.30pm).