Wells Town take positives from defeat
Wells Town 2, Blofield United 5
The final scoreline flattered the visitors as they added their final goal in time added on.
Temporary manager Nigel Twite spoke highly of the home side as again they battled for the whole 90 minutes against a side challengeing for the Anglian Combination Premier Division title.
Wells broke the deadlock after 25 minutes when Scott Sutherland Gray turned and volleyed home, before Joseph Manning equalised for the visitors on 30 minutes.
Blofield went ahead on the stroke of half-time when Karl Mills sneaked in to tap home.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Morgan added a brace in the second period for Blofield with goals in the 65th and 75th minutes, the second a penalty given for hand-ball.
Carl Baldry reduced the arrears on 90 minutes with a good strike as the visitors struggled to clear.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
In time added on Elliot Jackson added the visitors’ fifth.
Wells Town host the North West Norfolk League Division Two final between South Creake and Discovery Royals tonight (7.30pm).
On Sunday, Wells host two Mid-Norfolk Cup Finals. The U13s final between Downham and Gayton kicks off at 11am, followed by the U15s match between Docking and Clenchwarton (1pm).
Wells Town travel to Norwich St Johns on Saturday (2pm).
Wells Reserves are at Aylsham Reserves (2.30pm).