Wells Town take positives from defeat
Wells Town 2, Blofield United 5
The final scoreline flattered the visitors as they added their final goal in time added on.
Temporary manager Nigel Twite spoke highly of the home side as again they battled for the whole 90 minutes against a side challengeing for the Anglian Combination Premier Division title.
Wells broke the deadlock after 25 minutes when Scott Sutherland Gray turned and volleyed home, before Joseph Manning equalised for the visitors on 30 minutes.
Blofield went ahead on the stroke of half-time when Karl Mills sneaked in to tap home.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Morgan added a brace in the second period for Blofield with goals in the 65th and 75th minutes, the second a penalty given for hand-ball.
Carl Baldry reduced the arrears on 90 minutes with a good strike as the visitors struggled to clear.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
In time added on Elliot Jackson added the visitors’ fifth.
Wells Town host the North West Norfolk League Division Two final between South Creake and Discovery Royals tonight (7.30pm).
On Sunday, Wells host two Mid-Norfolk Cup Finals. The U13s final between Downham and Gayton kicks off at 11am, followed by the U15s match between Docking and Clenchwarton (1pm).
Wells Town travel to Norwich St Johns on Saturday (2pm).
Wells Reserves are at Aylsham Reserves (2.30pm).