Win eludes Hindringham
Hindringham 1, Sprowston Athletic 3AFTER going out of the Norfolk Senior Cup in midweek to Holt 2-0 after a lucklustre performance, Hindringham were looking to get back to Anglian Combination Premier Division winning ways against Sprowston at The Elms, after the pitch was deemed playable following a lot of rain.
Hindringham 1, Sprowston Athletic 3
AFTER going out of the Norfolk Senior Cup in midweek to Holt 2-0 after a lucklustre performance, Hindringham were looking to get back to Anglian Combination Premier Division winning ways against Sprowston at The Elms, after the pitch was deemed playable following a lot of rain.
Manager Blandford was again hit with players unavailable - Craig East, Jason West - and a late call-off through illness from Osler meaning he had to call upon reserve teamer Steven Able to play in goal, with youngsters Toby Hood and Ryan Helsin making up the bench.
Hindringham started well, applying pressure and getting some joy in behind Athletic's defence, but when in position to make crosses, they were not put put into the box.
You may also want to watch:
Sprowston looked dangerous on the break in numbers at pace and they took the lead. The winger got to the by-line and pulled back for the striker to fire them ahead.
Sprowston were on top, winning every second ball, and scored their second after Hindringham failed to stand up and pick their men.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 8 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
Hindringham fought hard to get back and had enough chances. West was unable to connect after great work from Gray, who twice went close. Then Hindringham were given a lifeline. Coslett was fouled and Gray converted the spot kick. Hindringham were then on top but saw the linesman's flag go up too often.
Second half a determined Hindringham played much better, getting in behind a flat Sprowston back four and creating chances. Gray and West went close several times, but were again falling foul of the linesman. They claimed another penalty when West appeared to be blocked, but the ref waved play on.
As Hindringham attacked looking for the equaliser, Sprowston scored on the break.
Toby Hood came on for his senior debut and gave a good account of himself, getting the ball down and trying to play football.
Hindringham face North Walsham away on Saturday, meet Bistro 1.15pm, kick off 3.