Winning end to season
Fakenham won the Biss Rose Bowl final at Brundall on Bank Holiday Monday, beating Brooke by six wickets.Brooke were 172 all out in 48.4 overs, Rob Panter making 34.
Fakenham won the Biss Rose Bowl final at Brundall on Bank Holiday Monday, beating Brooke by six wickets.
Brooke were 172 all out in 48.4 overs, Rob Panter making 34.
Fakenham replied with 173-4 in 39.2 overs - Australian Keegan de Ridder hitting 87, Philip Gray 30 not out.
On Saturday, Great Witchingham finished top of the clutch of Norfolk sides at the base of the EAPL table as they thrashed Fakenham by eight wickets at Highfield Lawn.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham were without the services of skipper Michael Smith, who has returned to South Africa, so Sri Lankan Tharaka Silva stepped up from the second team as the overseas player. He top scored with 31, but the rest of the Fakenham batting crumbled as Stuart Evans picked up four wickets, while Jonathan Spelman also collected four to dismiss the hosts for 95.
That target proved no problem for Witchingham, ex-Fakenham player Ben Harvey making 52 as they completed victory in the 37th over.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 5 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 6 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
Highfield Lawn groundsman Mick Annand has really produced a fair strip this season.
He has counted 15 centuries scored on the wickets this season, five in the East Anglian Premier League. In the same league, the pitches have seen four five-wicket hauls for bowlers. "That's about equal," he claimed.