Witchingham looking for form
Great Witchingham completed a miserable July with a five-wicket defeat at home to Bury St Edmunds.The hosts were put into bat in a reduced overs contest and skipper James Spelman continued his fine form by hitting 53.
Great Witchingham completed a miserable July with a five-wicket defeat at home to Bury St Edmunds.
The hosts were put into bat in a reduced overs contest and skipper James Spelman continued his fine form by hitting 53. Several other batsmen made starts but Witchingham posted 175 for seven from their 56 overs, with Tom Rash taking five wickets.
Spelman and Jason Dawes then claimed a couple of wickets each to leave the match in the balance with Bury on 126 for five, before Nick Lee (71no) guided the visitors home with eight balls to spare.
It was Witchingham's third defeat of the month to go with two drawn games as Spelman's side slipped further down the table.
You may also want to watch:
Great Witchingham: J M Spelman lbw Rash 53, S Arthurton Snr c Nunn b Turnbull 16, S Arthurton lbw Rash 3, T Collishaw b Rash 26, J Dawes c Harvey b Rash 24, S Chipperfield b Rash 11, J Page c Harvey b T Huggins 10, J O Spelman not out 11, S Logan not out 9; extras 12. Total (7 wkts, 56 overs) 175.
Bowling: P Turnbull 10-4-18-1, S Rees 6-0-24-0, M Nunn 3-0-10-0, T Rash 18-4-46-5, T Huggins 18-3-57-1, J McKinney 1-0-11-0.
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
Bury St Edmunds: T Huggins b Dawes 13, O Huggins b Hawes 6, F Klokker c Groves b J O Spelman 26, N Lees not out 71, P Turnbull b J M Spelman 18, S Harvey lbw J M Spelman 24; S Rees not out 24; extras 10. Total (5 wkts, 44.4 overs) 176.
Bowling: S Logan 10.4-1-57-0, J Dawes 12-4-22-2, J M Spelman 12-0-52-2, J O Spelman 5-0-22-1, T Collishaw 5-0-19-0.