Young Ghosts travel well
Newmarket Town Youth 1, Fakenham Town Youth 3.Fakenham recorded their third league victory of the season. This match was a great advert for youth football, with both teams playing some excellent football and four super goals scored, the pick being a 15-yard volley from Walpole.
Newmarket Town Youth 1, Fakenham Town Youth 3.
Fakenham recorded their third league victory of the season. This match was a great advert for youth football, with both teams playing some excellent football and four super goals scored, the pick being a 15-yard volley from Walpole. The other Fakenham goals came from a Betts volley and a McIlveen header.
The young Ghosts dominated the first half with Betts and Drewery prominent. A number of chances went begging, and as the half drew to a close, Newmarket began to look more dangerous, causing problems from set pieces.
Fakenham started the second half brightly when a fine pass from Savory was met by Betts at full stretch to volley home from 10 yards. The early goal resulted in Fakenham being put under strong Newmarket pressure, with the equaliser eventually coming from the pacey Newmarket winger - a right-foot drive from the edge of the box, giving Broughton no chance. Fakenham responded with Walpole's volley and McIlveen's header from an excellent Schoemacher cross.
You may also want to watch:
The coaches were delighted with the result against a very good Newmarket outfit, with Alamanos taking the eye at right-back. Also pleasing to see Felton complete 90 minutes after returning from injury.
Fakenham: Broughton, Alamanos, Walpole (Vertigan), Rudd, Felton, Drewery (Bird), Berry, Harris, Savory, Betts (Schoemacher), McIlveen. Sub not used: Chase.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages