Young Ghosts travel well
Newmarket Town Youth 1, Fakenham Town Youth 3.Fakenham recorded their third league victory of the season. This match was a great advert for youth football, with both teams playing some excellent football and four super goals scored, the pick being a 15-yard volley from Walpole.
Newmarket Town Youth 1, Fakenham Town Youth 3.
Fakenham recorded their third league victory of the season. This match was a great advert for youth football, with both teams playing some excellent football and four super goals scored, the pick being a 15-yard volley from Walpole. The other Fakenham goals came from a Betts volley and a McIlveen header.
The young Ghosts dominated the first half with Betts and Drewery prominent. A number of chances went begging, and as the half drew to a close, Newmarket began to look more dangerous, causing problems from set pieces.
Fakenham started the second half brightly when a fine pass from Savory was met by Betts at full stretch to volley home from 10 yards. The early goal resulted in Fakenham being put under strong Newmarket pressure, with the equaliser eventually coming from the pacey Newmarket winger - a right-foot drive from the edge of the box, giving Broughton no chance. Fakenham responded with Walpole's volley and McIlveen's header from an excellent Schoemacher cross.
You may also want to watch:
The coaches were delighted with the result against a very good Newmarket outfit, with Alamanos taking the eye at right-back. Also pleasing to see Felton complete 90 minutes after returning from injury.
Fakenham: Broughton, Alamanos, Walpole (Vertigan), Rudd, Felton, Drewery (Bird), Berry, Harris, Savory, Betts (Schoemacher), McIlveen. Sub not used: Chase.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal