Brothers walk for charity
Five brothers will be donning their walking boots and putting their best feet forward on Saturday to raise funds for a Norfolk church and hall.Between them the Sharmans will walk 100 miles through the countryside in the Foulsham area - and they are challenging other people to get involved too and try and beat their goal.
Five brothers will be donning their walking boots and putting their best feet forward on Saturday to raise funds for a Norfolk church and hall.
Between them the Sharmans will walk 100 miles through the countryside in the Foulsham area - and they are challenging other people to get involved too and try and beat their goal.
Foulsham Feet is part of the brothers' training for an eight-day 100 mile trek that Michael, Charles, William, Matthew and Nathaniel will all be doing in the Sahara Desert next March in aid of the charity Help A London Child, which gives financial support to less advantaged children in the capital.
But Saturday's event, organised by their father Jim Sharman, is to raise money for a new roof for Holy Innocents Church, in Foulsham, as well as equipment for the village's New Frost Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sharman, who lives in Foulsham and whose five sons live and work in London, said: “It is all part of their training. They will be doing five routes, ranging from three miles to six miles, and people can come along and join them throughout the day.
“The routes will be marked by balloons. It is a get together for the village as well as a fundraiser.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
“If the weather is nice it should be a wonderful day. It will give people a chance to get out and look at Norfolk before autumn turns to winter.”
For more information people should contact Jim Sharman on 01362 683512 or 07836 221321, or just turn up to take part on the day.
All walks will begin from New Frost Hall, in Claypit Road, and most are suitable for dogs. The event is from 9am to 5pm.
It does not cost anything to take part but the Sharmans are asking people to raise funds for Holy Innocents Church and New Frost Hall.
Foulsham Feet t-shirts will be available to buy for £5. The T-shirts will also be given to people who raise £20 or more.