The Burnhams Flower show and Carnival will be celebrating its 103rd event this year.It will be from 2-5pm on Saturday, July 12 and the carnival parade, led by the Peterborough Highland Piped band, will leave the Green outside the Hoste Arms at 1.
The Burnhams Flower show and Carnival will be celebrating its 103rd event this year.
It will be from 2-5pm on Saturday, July 12 and the carnival parade, led by the Peterborough Highland Piped band, will leave the Green outside the Hoste Arms at 1.45. It will wend its way through Burnham Market, to the Creake Road playing field.
In pride of place on the playing field, will be the Grand Marquee, housing the horticultural, craft, cookery and children's exhibits. People whose onions are enormous, roses fabulous or jam scrumptious should pick up a show schedule from shops in the Burnhams.
Arena events take place throughout the afternoon, and will include the Marching Band, Bird of Prey display, The Fakenham 1st Academy of Dance display, Trix and Stix Drummers and a Labrador retrieval display.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions on the field include Gray's funfair, craft stalls, bouncy castle, beer tent, refreshments provided by Deepdale Café, and if it all gets too much, the Mind, Body & Spirit zone.
Entry to the field is £1.50 for adults, 12's & under free. Sorry, no dogs.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 3 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 4 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
- 7 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 8 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 9 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 10 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
There will also be a live music in the marquee from 7.30, featuring two popular bands - Soul Traders, and Cutting Edge. Free entry, licensed bar.
The shops and businesses in Burnham Market are getting into the carnival mood by taking part in a quiz, which will take place during the week leading up to the Flower Show. Each participating shop displays a “rogue object” in its window-something which it doesn't sell, or which doesn't belong there. The objects then need to be identified on the Rogue Trader quiz sheets-available from the White House Bookshop. The winner will be announced at the prize giving, and a prize, supplied by one of the local shops, will be awarded.
Crafts in the marquee
On Sunday, July 13th from 10am to 4pm the Grand Marquee will host a craft fair featuring hand made crafts and local produce.