PICTURES: Holkham Hall decorated in stunning fashion for Christmas
- Credit: Holkham Estate
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Holkham Hall.
But work has been going on for several months to ensure the magnificent country house looks the part for the festive season.
Lady Leicester, together with Christmas-connoisseur Catherine Zoll, has spent the year designing the sets and themes.
The pair have collaborated with renowned makers and artists including Claire Owen, Emma Thorburn, Alice King, FX-Live and Natalie Boon, all in preparation for 'Holkham Hall by Candlelight'.
The annual event gives members of the public a unique opportunity to relish the majestic interior while it is adorned with a host of lavish decorations.
Holkham says visitors will be wowed by "everything from frozen and jungle scenes, to jewelled decadence and a surprising canine masterpiece".
Tickets are available from holkham.co.uk/events/details/holkham-hall-by-candlelight. They include parking, a drink and a mince pie.
Room stewards will oversee the tour, which lasts around 45 minutes.
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 9 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 10 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work