6 private gardens opening to the public in Norfolk this September
- Credit: Archant
The National Garden Scheme gives visitors access to 3,600 private gardens across England and Wales, which includes many in Norfolk.
Since its launch in 1927, the scheme has donated more than £60 million to its beneficiaries through admissions, teas and cake, which includes Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie and The Queen's Nursing Institute.
The 2021 Norfolk season will be brought to a close this autumn with six gardens opening in September and one in October.
Here is where you can visit in September:
1. 33 Waldemar Avenue, Hellesdon, NR6 6TB
When: Sunday, September 5, 10am-5pm
2. Holme Hale Hall, Holme Hale IP25 7ED
- 1 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 2 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 4 Fakenham cyclist reaches Snowdonia after 250-mile ride
- 5 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 6 Service users at endangered charity reveal what it means to them
- 7 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 8 Source of fire that gutted home's top floor is revealed
- 9 Road blocked following accident
- 10 Ukulele band prepares for first cabaret night in almost two years
Sunday, September 5, 12pm-4pm
3. Chapel Cottage, Rougham, PE32 2SE
Sunday, September 12, 10.30am-4.30pm
4. High House Gardens, Shipdham, IP25 7PU
Sunday, September 12, 2pm-5.30pm/Wednesday, September 15, 2pm-5.30pm
5. Manor House Farm, Coston, NR9 4DT
Sunday, September 19, 11am-5pm
6. Silverstone Farm, North Elmham, NR20 5EX
Sunday, September 19, 2pm-5pm
Finishing the 2021 season in October:
East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden, East Ruston, NR12 9HN
Saturday, October 16, 12pm-5pm
Tickets can be purchased at ngs.org.uk or on the gate and entry for children is free.