Norfolk wildlife haven named among top attractions to visit in England
- Credit: Archant
A popular Norfolk attraction and haven for wildlife has been named as one of the best places to visit in England.
Pensthorpe Natural Park, near Fakenham, was awarded bronze in the Large Visitor Attraction of the Year category at the Visit England Awards for Excellence 2022.
Spanning 700 acres of Norfolk countryside, the park covers a range of habitats from wetlands to woodland.
The attraction describes itself online as a “modern day nature reserve with a focus on inspiring the next generation to enjoy wildlife and the great outdoors”.
It offers wildlife experiences, indoor and outdoor play areas, children’s activities and regular events.
The award winners, which were announced at a ceremony held on June 8, were selected from hundreds of tourism businesses across England including hotels, self-catering accommodation, B&Bs, glamping operators, attractions, restaurants, pubs and museums.
The awards celebrate innovation, quality and best practices across the industry.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 3 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 4 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 5 Norfolk named among UK's best wildlife holiday spots
- 6 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 7 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 8 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 9 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 10 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
Bill Jordan, owner of Pensthorpe said: “It’s an honour to be a finalist at this year’s VisitEngland Awards for Excellence and achieving bronze position means so much to us and our team – it's a huge achievement to be chosen as one of the top three attractions in the UK."