Easter events at reserve
Easter is a spectacular time at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, near Fakenham, with the birds in full breeding plumage. The first ducklings of the season may even be pottering round the meres.
Easter is a spectacular time at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, near Fakenham, with the birds in full breeding plumage.
The first ducklings of the season may even be pottering round the meres. A full daily programme of family activities runs from Good Friday, March 21 to Sunday, March 30:
Daily Easter Egg Hunt - a natural world treasure hunt.
Pond Dipping - uncover the amazing creatures that live in water.
You may also want to watch:
Bug Walking - take the bug walk and get face to face with large scale sculptures of the insects beneath your feet.
12noon - meet the Warden - learn about Pensthorpe's bird species on an entertaining interactive tour of the reserve.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 7 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 8 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
3pm - daily bird feed with the wardens.
Take the Landrover-based Wensum Discovery Tour and get behind the scenes at Pensthorpe, finding out about the history and wildlife of the Wensum Valley.
Deb Jordan, Pensthorpe general manager said: "Easter is a wonderful time to visit Pensthorpe as the natural world wakes up for spring and summer. It is a great place for families to discover nature and have a lot of fun together."
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve is open all year, April to December 10am to 5pm and January to March 10am to 4pm. Courtyard Café serving home-cooked food; Gift Shop with a large range of stylish and unusual items; free parking. Tel 01328 851465, www.pensthorpe.com.