Easter events at reserve
Easter is a spectacular time at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, near Fakenham, with the birds in full breeding plumage. The first ducklings of the season may even be pottering round the meres.
Easter is a spectacular time at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, near Fakenham, with the birds in full breeding plumage.
The first ducklings of the season may even be pottering round the meres. A full daily programme of family activities runs from Good Friday, March 21 to Sunday, March 30:
Daily Easter Egg Hunt - a natural world treasure hunt.
Pond Dipping - uncover the amazing creatures that live in water.
You may also want to watch:
Bug Walking - take the bug walk and get face to face with large scale sculptures of the insects beneath your feet.
12noon - meet the Warden - learn about Pensthorpe's bird species on an entertaining interactive tour of the reserve.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
3pm - daily bird feed with the wardens.
Take the Landrover-based Wensum Discovery Tour and get behind the scenes at Pensthorpe, finding out about the history and wildlife of the Wensum Valley.
Deb Jordan, Pensthorpe general manager said: "Easter is a wonderful time to visit Pensthorpe as the natural world wakes up for spring and summer. It is a great place for families to discover nature and have a lot of fun together."
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve is open all year, April to December 10am to 5pm and January to March 10am to 4pm. Courtyard Café serving home-cooked food; Gift Shop with a large range of stylish and unusual items; free parking. Tel 01328 851465, www.pensthorpe.com.