Easter events at reserve
Easter is a spectacular time at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, near Fakenham, with the birds in full breeding plumage. The first ducklings of the season may even be pottering round the meres.
Easter is a spectacular time at Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, near Fakenham, with the birds in full breeding plumage.
The first ducklings of the season may even be pottering round the meres. A full daily programme of family activities runs from Good Friday, March 21 to Sunday, March 30:
Daily Easter Egg Hunt - a natural world treasure hunt.
Pond Dipping - uncover the amazing creatures that live in water.
You may also want to watch:
Bug Walking - take the bug walk and get face to face with large scale sculptures of the insects beneath your feet.
12noon - meet the Warden - learn about Pensthorpe's bird species on an entertaining interactive tour of the reserve.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
3pm - daily bird feed with the wardens.
Take the Landrover-based Wensum Discovery Tour and get behind the scenes at Pensthorpe, finding out about the history and wildlife of the Wensum Valley.
Deb Jordan, Pensthorpe general manager said: "Easter is a wonderful time to visit Pensthorpe as the natural world wakes up for spring and summer. It is a great place for families to discover nature and have a lot of fun together."
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve is open all year, April to December 10am to 5pm and January to March 10am to 4pm. Courtyard Café serving home-cooked food; Gift Shop with a large range of stylish and unusual items; free parking. Tel 01328 851465, www.pensthorpe.com.