Society set to meet in person for first time in 18 months
- Credit: Susan Parry
Subjects ranging from architecture to art forgery will be on the agenda as a society resumes in-person meetings for the first time in 18 months.
Fakenham Society is set to return in the flesh after its 2020/21 season took place solely via Zoom video calls.
The society typically hosts a programme of fascinating talks running from October to March.
Its first 'live' event will take place at The Gallow on Thursday, October 7, with Sarah Pearson discussing “Amazing Architecture”.
As the new season kicks off, a total of 12 speakers are lined up to grace the stage over the next six months.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Parry, Fakenham Society speaker finder, said: "While the 2020/21 season was very well received, it lacked the social element for which the society has become so well known.
“We are delighted to be able to resume live meetings.”
To join Fakenham Society, visit fakenhamsociety.org.uk or simply attend the first talk on October 7.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Electrical pole blocking footpath set to be moved
- 4 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 5 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold