Norfolk beer garden named best in country
A Norfolk pub’s beer garden has been named the best in the country at the Great British Pub Awards.
The Brisley Bell, in The Green, Brisley, beat pubs from across the UK to win the 'Best Beer Garden' title in a competition which saw judges travel across the country to find the winner.
Amelia Nicholson and Marcus Seaman bought the pub in 2015 in a derelict state and have since renovated the pub and garden.
The garden was a "labour of love" for the couple.
They invested in new garden furniture and created a whole new outdoor seating area called The Shed.
The Great British Pub Awards is described as the "Oscars of the pub industry" and celebrates the work which pubs do within communities.
The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell in Suffolk was named the best pub for food.
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 4 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 5 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 6 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state