North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A village in north Norfolk can now lay claim to being home to the second-best fish and chip shop in the country.
Eric's Fish and Chips in Thornham was decreed the second-best by Tide, which analysed TripAdvisor data to find the best 'independent fish and chip shop' in the UK. The rankings were based on the restaurant's average rating and the number of reviews they received.
Located on Drove Orchards, Thornham Road, Eric's Fish and Chips has been in business since 2015. With two other locations in East Anglia, the popularity of the restaurant is clear.
Eric's aims to blend nostalgia with a modern European menu, using local ingredients to make their food "simple, fresh, and tasty".
On TripAdvisor, Eric's has 1,209 reviews with an average of four out of five stars, with more than half of these reviews rating it as 'excellent'.
You may also want to watch:
Reviewer, Mary, said that "the fish was out of this world", with another commenting "what a little gem".
- 1 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 2 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 3 Fakenham cyclist reaches Snowdonia after 250-mile ride
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 6 Source of fire that gutted home's top floor is revealed
- 7 New £760k 'lifeline' Covid grant launched by council
- 8 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 9 Service users at endangered charity reveal what it means to them
- 10 Road blocked following accident