Couple bringing 'world street food' across Norfolk in new trailer
- Credit: Fanny Adams Catering
From burgers to beef brisket nachos, a street food trailer offering an ever-changing menu has been getting booked up across Norfolk.
Couple Adam Clayton, 38, and Annie Vanstone, 32, from East Rudham, near Fakenham, have been running Fanny Adams Catering for five years doing dinner parties, weddings and other events.
But when the pandemic hit and all upcoming bookings were cancelled, the pair had to find a way to adapt with their source of income cut off.
With five-year-old son Raffi to support, they decided to get a woodfired pizza oven and put it in the back of their pick-up truck and in May 2020 started offering takeaways in East Rudham and the surrounding villages.
Mr Clayton said: "Our Friday pizzas just went crazy and on the back of that success we started doing curries on a Wednesday."
After building up a following in the local area, the couple decided to take the plunge and buy a food trailer in November 2020, which was ready to hit the road in early 2021.
Since then, business has been booming and it is now at Brancaster Village Hall every Thursday from 2pm until late and Duration Brewing in West Acre on Fridays from 12pm until 8pm, with burgers, fries and chicken wings currently on the menu.
It also has a permanent residency at The Empire in Great Yarmouth, which recently reopened as a street food and live music venue, with options such as curried goat and flatbreads and it is there Monday to Sunday from 12pm until late.
- 1 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 4 Service users at endangered charity reveal what it means to them
- 5 Ukulele band prepares for first cabaret night in almost two years
- 6 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 7 Road blocked following accident
- 8 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 9 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 10 Chance to have your say on seaside town's future
The couple are assisted by Lucy Scott in the trailer and Sam Ayres at The Empire.
Mr Clayton added: "We do world street food with funky flavours, bright colours and fresh ingredients.
"The last couple of weeks, loads of people have been enquiring about events.
"It has just kicked off so much in the last year and it all started with a pizza truck.
"We are also doing the Feastival in the Forum in September, which will be the first thing we have done in Norwich."
See the latest menus and locations on Instagram @fannyadams_catering