Fakenham hire company lorry to deliver sweets and raise funds
- Credit: Cindy Futter
A festive lorry is set to deliver a truckload of Christmas cheer.
The team from FTC Hire and Sales will drive around Fakenham and surrounding villages on December 22 and 23 to bring the Christmas spirit, hand out sweets and raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Cindy Futter, FTC director, said the event is a chance to spread festive cheer amidst the continued uncertainty of Christmas plans.
“With ongoing concerns over the new variant and the rising cases of omicron I believe next year isn’t going to be as great as we all hoped so we just want to spread a bit of Christmas cheer,” she said.
On the 22nd, it will be driven through the six villages of Little Snoring, Fulmodestone, Stibbard, Great Rybrugh, Colkirk and Sculthorpe, before heading back to the town centre.
The day after they will just be in Fakenham town centre.
She is also promising a literal giant surprise, with a seven-foot model on something joining them on the journey.
- 1 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 2 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 3 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 4 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 9 Brass band's search for new members as older players put off by Covid
- 10 'Over the moon' - Widower drums up £1,000 for caring hospice