Merry and macabre monologues to feature at festive performance
- Credit: Archant
Fun, moving and macabre are words that have been used to describe an upcoming Christmas-themed production at the Wells Maltings.
fEAST theatre company is producing the show called Merrily on High, which will star Owen Evans of Nimmo Twins fame, Sam Thompson and Dawn Finnerty.
Dawn Finnerty, fEAST's artistic director, said each of the performers would deliver monologues to the audience.
She said: "We gave our writers Rob John and Robin McLoughlin the brief that each of the three monologues would be set in Norfolk on a Christmas Eve and that each would take its title from the words of a Christmas carol.
"Each piece was written with a particular actor in mind and the finished scripts were funny, thought-provoking and moving. There’s also a dash of the macabre. We’ve absolutely loved working on them."
You may also want to watch:
Merrily on High will take place on December 18 and 19 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, call 01328 710885 or visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk to book.
- 1 Rescue drama as yacht cut adrift after losing power
- 2 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer
- 3 Councillors back lido proposal but want more detailed plans
- 4 Firm making glass canaries to celebrate promotion doubles its stock
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results