Merry and macabre monologues to feature at festive performance
- Credit: Archant
Fun, moving and macabre are words that have been used to describe an upcoming Christmas-themed production at the Wells Maltings.
fEAST theatre company is producing the show called Merrily on High, which will star Owen Evans of Nimmo Twins fame, Sam Thompson and Dawn Finnerty.
Dawn Finnerty, fEAST's artistic director, said each of the performers would deliver monologues to the audience.
She said: "We gave our writers Rob John and Robin McLoughlin the brief that each of the three monologues would be set in Norfolk on a Christmas Eve and that each would take its title from the words of a Christmas carol.
"Each piece was written with a particular actor in mind and the finished scripts were funny, thought-provoking and moving. There’s also a dash of the macabre. We’ve absolutely loved working on them."
You may also want to watch:
Merrily on High will take place on December 18 and 19 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, call 01328 710885 or visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk to book.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 Owners turn former deli into concierge business