Merry and macabre monologues to feature at festive performance
- Credit: Archant
Fun, moving and macabre are words that have been used to describe an upcoming Christmas-themed production at the Wells Maltings.
fEAST theatre company is producing the show called Merrily on High, which will star Owen Evans of Nimmo Twins fame, Sam Thompson and Dawn Finnerty.
Dawn Finnerty, fEAST's artistic director, said each of the performers would deliver monologues to the audience.
She said: "We gave our writers Rob John and Robin McLoughlin the brief that each of the three monologues would be set in Norfolk on a Christmas Eve and that each would take its title from the words of a Christmas carol.
"Each piece was written with a particular actor in mind and the finished scripts were funny, thought-provoking and moving. There’s also a dash of the macabre. We’ve absolutely loved working on them."
You may also want to watch:
Merrily on High will take place on December 18 and 19 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, call 01328 710885 or visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk to book.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week