Merry and macabre monologues to feature at festive performance
- Credit: Archant
Fun, moving and macabre are words that have been used to describe an upcoming Christmas-themed production at the Wells Maltings.
fEAST theatre company is producing the show called Merrily on High, which will star Owen Evans of Nimmo Twins fame, Sam Thompson and Dawn Finnerty.
Dawn Finnerty, fEAST's artistic director, said each of the performers would deliver monologues to the audience.
She said: "We gave our writers Rob John and Robin McLoughlin the brief that each of the three monologues would be set in Norfolk on a Christmas Eve and that each would take its title from the words of a Christmas carol.
"Each piece was written with a particular actor in mind and the finished scripts were funny, thought-provoking and moving. There’s also a dash of the macabre. We’ve absolutely loved working on them."
You may also want to watch:
Merrily on High will take place on December 18 and 19 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, call 01328 710885 or visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk to book.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears