Pioneering course about baby
A pioneering course teaching expectant parents about their baby's learning will come to Dereham and Wells next month.How Babies Learn, run by Aylsham-based Hand in Hand Learning, aims to help parents to nurture their child and give them the best possible start in life.
A pioneering course teaching expectant parents about their baby's learning will come to Dereham and Wells next month.
How Babies Learn, run by Aylsham-based Hand in Hand Learning, aims to help parents to nurture their child and give them the best possible start in life.
Organisers also hope to create a supportive environment for women at similar stages of pregnancy to learn together and to build lasting friendships and support networks.
Adrian Scargill of Hand in Hand Learning said: “We want to help parents understand what's going on with their children before birth and in the first two years of life. Those years are absolutely vital when it comes to learning.”
The sessions take place in two blocks of four weeks, with one block before the child is born and a second when the child is about three months old, teaching parents about how their baby will develop over the next two years.
After a successful pilot run in Dereham in the autumn, How Babies Learn will be starting up at Corpusty and Holt Sure Start Children's Centre on January 13, Scarning Primary School on January 19 and at Wells Children's Centre on February 24.
- 1 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 5 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 6 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 7 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 8 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 9 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 10 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
Mothers up to 34 weeks pregnant can enrol with their partners or other family members who might want to support them.
Sessions run from 7pm to 9pm once a week for four weeks and the second stage of the course will take place around three months afterwards..
For more information or to enrol call Corpusty and Holt Children's Centre on 01263 712442 or Wells Children's Centre on 01328 710187.
To enrol on the Dereham course which is being funded by the Children's Centre, visit or telephone Dereham Children's Centre on 01362 654050.