Pioneering course about baby
A pioneering course teaching expectant parents about their baby's learning will come to Dereham and Wells next month.How Babies Learn, run by Aylsham-based Hand in Hand Learning, aims to help parents to nurture their child and give them the best possible start in life.
A pioneering course teaching expectant parents about their baby's learning will come to Dereham and Wells next month.
How Babies Learn, run by Aylsham-based Hand in Hand Learning, aims to help parents to nurture their child and give them the best possible start in life.
Organisers also hope to create a supportive environment for women at similar stages of pregnancy to learn together and to build lasting friendships and support networks.
Adrian Scargill of Hand in Hand Learning said: “We want to help parents understand what's going on with their children before birth and in the first two years of life. Those years are absolutely vital when it comes to learning.”
You may also want to watch:
The sessions take place in two blocks of four weeks, with one block before the child is born and a second when the child is about three months old, teaching parents about how their baby will develop over the next two years.
After a successful pilot run in Dereham in the autumn, How Babies Learn will be starting up at Corpusty and Holt Sure Start Children's Centre on January 13, Scarning Primary School on January 19 and at Wells Children's Centre on February 24.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
Mothers up to 34 weeks pregnant can enrol with their partners or other family members who might want to support them.
Sessions run from 7pm to 9pm once a week for four weeks and the second stage of the course will take place around three months afterwards..
For more information or to enrol call Corpusty and Holt Children's Centre on 01263 712442 or Wells Children's Centre on 01328 710187.
To enrol on the Dereham course which is being funded by the Children's Centre, visit or telephone Dereham Children's Centre on 01362 654050.