Preview: Death and the Maiden at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A tale of revenge and its consequences is coming to a north Norfolk theatre.
Ariel Dorfman’s award-winning play Death and the Maiden, will be at the Wells Maltings on Friday, May 17.
The story follows Paulina Salas, who reaps justice on someone who has tortured her, and looks at the struggle victims often face to heal.
Paulina is convinced that the powerful and charismatic Dr Miranda supervised her abuse as a political prisoner. Conflict ensues as their lives cross paths and Paulina, gun in hand, captures the Doctor and puts him on trial.
The production is presented by the Baroque Theatre Company, and the play was written by Ariel Dorfman.
You may also want to watch:
The play stars Claire Bibby as Paulina Salas, Andrew Fettes as her husband, Gerardo Escobar, and Keith Hill as Roberto Miranda.
Tickets are £12.50, or £11.50 concessions.
For more information on the play, which starts at 7.30pm, visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk