Preview: Death and the Maiden at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A tale of revenge and its consequences is coming to a north Norfolk theatre.
Ariel Dorfman’s award-winning play Death and the Maiden, will be at the Wells Maltings on Friday, May 17.
The story follows Paulina Salas, who reaps justice on someone who has tortured her, and looks at the struggle victims often face to heal.
Paulina is convinced that the powerful and charismatic Dr Miranda supervised her abuse as a political prisoner. Conflict ensues as their lives cross paths and Paulina, gun in hand, captures the Doctor and puts him on trial.
The production is presented by the Baroque Theatre Company, and the play was written by Ariel Dorfman.
You may also want to watch:
The play stars Claire Bibby as Paulina Salas, Andrew Fettes as her husband, Gerardo Escobar, and Keith Hill as Roberto Miranda.
Tickets are £12.50, or £11.50 concessions.
For more information on the play, which starts at 7.30pm, visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere