Preview: Death and the Maiden at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A tale of revenge and its consequences is coming to a north Norfolk theatre.
Ariel Dorfman’s award-winning play Death and the Maiden, will be at the Wells Maltings on Friday, May 17.
The story follows Paulina Salas, who reaps justice on someone who has tortured her, and looks at the struggle victims often face to heal.
Paulina is convinced that the powerful and charismatic Dr Miranda supervised her abuse as a political prisoner. Conflict ensues as their lives cross paths and Paulina, gun in hand, captures the Doctor and puts him on trial.
The production is presented by the Baroque Theatre Company, and the play was written by Ariel Dorfman.
You may also want to watch:
The play stars Claire Bibby as Paulina Salas, Andrew Fettes as her husband, Gerardo Escobar, and Keith Hill as Roberto Miranda.
Tickets are £12.50, or £11.50 concessions.
For more information on the play, which starts at 7.30pm, visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 9 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback