Preview: Death and the Maiden at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A tale of revenge and its consequences is coming to a north Norfolk theatre.
Ariel Dorfman’s award-winning play Death and the Maiden, will be at the Wells Maltings on Friday, May 17.
The story follows Paulina Salas, who reaps justice on someone who has tortured her, and looks at the struggle victims often face to heal.
Paulina is convinced that the powerful and charismatic Dr Miranda supervised her abuse as a political prisoner. Conflict ensues as their lives cross paths and Paulina, gun in hand, captures the Doctor and puts him on trial.
The production is presented by the Baroque Theatre Company, and the play was written by Ariel Dorfman.
You may also want to watch:
The play stars Claire Bibby as Paulina Salas, Andrew Fettes as her husband, Gerardo Escobar, and Keith Hill as Roberto Miranda.
Tickets are £12.50, or £11.50 concessions.
For more information on the play, which starts at 7.30pm, visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries