Review: The Maltings Comedy Club at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Taking their chances on a cold winter night, three stand-up comics appeared on Thursday, February 8 at the Wells Maltings Theatre.
Miracle of miracles! All were worth watching.
‘Stand-up comedy’ is a strange description for creative language, imagery wherever it can despite any threats of impropriety: Tim Fitzheigham, good value (born in Norfolk) introduced the other two acts, riffing gently with the audience before the turn of El Baldino.
Baldino – pump, middle aged, bald and pink faced, was impossibly silly in a Tommy Cooper style, His clowning, puns and terrible magic tricks were pleasing.
Finally there was Ben Clover, elfin thin, puckish featured, who commented upon being a young dad in
You may also want to watch:
London in language which verged delicately on surreal.
Three class acts, enjoyed by the audience.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one