Review: The Maltings Comedy Club at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Taking their chances on a cold winter night, three stand-up comics appeared on Thursday, February 8 at the Wells Maltings Theatre.
Miracle of miracles! All were worth watching.
‘Stand-up comedy’ is a strange description for creative language, imagery wherever it can despite any threats of impropriety: Tim Fitzheigham, good value (born in Norfolk) introduced the other two acts, riffing gently with the audience before the turn of El Baldino.
Baldino – pump, middle aged, bald and pink faced, was impossibly silly in a Tommy Cooper style, His clowning, puns and terrible magic tricks were pleasing.
Finally there was Ben Clover, elfin thin, puckish featured, who commented upon being a young dad in
London in language which verged delicately on surreal.
Three class acts, enjoyed by the audience.
- 1 PICTURES: Household Cavalry enjoys annual trip to Holkham beach
- 2 WATCH: Car becomes engulfed in flames at side of Norfolk road
- 3 Business offers school uniform payment plan as living costs spiral
- 4 Mayor officially opens hotel 13 years after last stay
- 5 Plan for dog walking meadow prompts road safety fears
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 New film studio planned for Norfolk's former nuclear bomber base
- 8 Norfolk MP quits government role as prime minister clings to power
- 9 Eyesore trailers still towering over gardens one month on
- 10 Heatwave to hit Norfolk next week - with temperatures of 30C every day