Review: The Maltings Comedy Club at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Taking their chances on a cold winter night, three stand-up comics appeared on Thursday, February 8 at the Wells Maltings Theatre.
Miracle of miracles! All were worth watching.
‘Stand-up comedy’ is a strange description for creative language, imagery wherever it can despite any threats of impropriety: Tim Fitzheigham, good value (born in Norfolk) introduced the other two acts, riffing gently with the audience before the turn of El Baldino.
Baldino – pump, middle aged, bald and pink faced, was impossibly silly in a Tommy Cooper style, His clowning, puns and terrible magic tricks were pleasing.
Finally there was Ben Clover, elfin thin, puckish featured, who commented upon being a young dad in
You may also want to watch:
London in language which verged delicately on surreal.
Three class acts, enjoyed by the audience.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 5 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 6 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 7 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed