Review: The Maltings Comedy Club at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Taking their chances on a cold winter night, three stand-up comics appeared on Thursday, February 8 at the Wells Maltings Theatre.
Miracle of miracles! All were worth watching.
‘Stand-up comedy’ is a strange description for creative language, imagery wherever it can despite any threats of impropriety: Tim Fitzheigham, good value (born in Norfolk) introduced the other two acts, riffing gently with the audience before the turn of El Baldino.
Baldino – pump, middle aged, bald and pink faced, was impossibly silly in a Tommy Cooper style, His clowning, puns and terrible magic tricks were pleasing.
Finally there was Ben Clover, elfin thin, puckish featured, who commented upon being a young dad in
You may also want to watch:
London in language which verged delicately on surreal.
Three class acts, enjoyed by the audience.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis