Review: The Maltings Comedy Club at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Taking their chances on a cold winter night, three stand-up comics appeared on Thursday, February 8 at the Wells Maltings Theatre.
Miracle of miracles! All were worth watching.
‘Stand-up comedy’ is a strange description for creative language, imagery wherever it can despite any threats of impropriety: Tim Fitzheigham, good value (born in Norfolk) introduced the other two acts, riffing gently with the audience before the turn of El Baldino.
Baldino – pump, middle aged, bald and pink faced, was impossibly silly in a Tommy Cooper style, His clowning, puns and terrible magic tricks were pleasing.
Finally there was Ben Clover, elfin thin, puckish featured, who commented upon being a young dad in
London in language which verged delicately on surreal.
Three class acts, enjoyed by the audience.
- 1 Nurse relives crash drama as calls for road to be gritted grow
- 2 Main road through seaside town to close for five weeks
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 5 New special school opens doors to first students
- 6 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 7 The Floods of 1953 in Norfolk: Remembering the heroes who helped
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Canoeist Shaun chasing Paralympic dream after devastating bike crash
- 10 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident