Review: The Maltings Comedy Club at the Wells Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Taking their chances on a cold winter night, three stand-up comics appeared on Thursday, February 8 at the Wells Maltings Theatre.
Miracle of miracles! All were worth watching.
‘Stand-up comedy’ is a strange description for creative language, imagery wherever it can despite any threats of impropriety: Tim Fitzheigham, good value (born in Norfolk) introduced the other two acts, riffing gently with the audience before the turn of El Baldino.
Baldino – pump, middle aged, bald and pink faced, was impossibly silly in a Tommy Cooper style, His clowning, puns and terrible magic tricks were pleasing.
Finally there was Ben Clover, elfin thin, puckish featured, who commented upon being a young dad in
You may also want to watch:
London in language which verged delicately on surreal.
Three class acts, enjoyed by the audience.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 6 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 7 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears